Silat information?

Discussion in 'Silat' started by DavidBatemanTKD, Apr 22, 2005.

1. DavidBatemanTKD

DavidBatemanTKD New Member

Hello all!

I would like to inquire for information on Silat, either Penjak, or Pencak. I have read a very little amount of information about the art and I am curious.
    Any information would be appreciated, also any video clips would help greatly.
    Thanks!

2. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Hi Dave. Pencak or Penjak are two different spellings of the same word. Check the Silat forum and previous threads should give you some valuable information.

Also, I'd recommend www.cimande.com, www.cimandecombat.com, and www.silateurope.com as informative web sites on Silat. I think there may be some video on some of these. I'm sure other people will have more....

3. Garuda

Garuda Valued Member

There is a portal with many links to pencak silat websites. Maybe you can look there for more information about different styles, etc.

http://pencak-silat.startkabel.nl

I hope this helps you.

Garuda...

4. Silat Student

Silat Student New Member

Do you want specific style info or just general info on the art?

5. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

silateurope .... in my sig has now added a couple short videos under the "photos" section

6. Smee

Smee Evil kung fu genius

Nice one mate

is it you in the clips?

PS - who's doing the "shotgun" sound effects? :D

7. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Not me doing either Im afraid.... The site is our one of our Guru's site, so the guys in it are from his club I presume. In our club, we looking at getting some videos and good picture sequences done.....