Should i get my black belt?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by beholder, Feb 14, 2012.

1. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

So they wont get bashed for including "authentic" styles :rolleyes:

2. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

Haha, may be. :p

3. hahaha... then that answers it!
    The OP is now the proud owner of a black belt with no buckle and lighter 600 bucks! :)

Congratulations! :cool:

Osu!

4. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

hold on, at least it can be embroidered in:

Japanese
    Chinese
    Taiwanese
    Dirty Knees

to make it more "authentic"

5. beholder

beholder New Member

i decided to grade, i was a little disappointed to see how off subject this topic got.

Thank you for everyone who stated there opinion
    have a wonderful day!

6. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Well, it happens on forums. That's the internet world.

When your test is over and paid for, please come back and tell us about the seminar, and the test itself, and everything, and how much it all cost. We'll want to know all about it. :)
    And good luck!

7. Griffin

Griffin Valued Member

How did you go? I dont mean pass or fail (there is no such thing as failure where there is sincere effort applied), i mean was it a good experience for you?
    Congrats :cool:

8. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

My senseis hate the word, though they have to say you didnt pass when its obvious the student is like out to lunch or just didnt know the material.

I'd like to hear all about the seminar too. :) If you could. x

9. qigong

qigong Valued Member

Gee you must be crazy hardball , i take it you just won the lottery then , at that price you might as well pay for 24/7 body gaurd lol, in fact you prob afford jet li and jackie chang , im sorry but that seems really really crazy and i cant see why on earth you need to pay so much, i have 2 black belts, one in TKD the other in chinese kickboxing both at 2nd degree, and never paid anywhere near that and i took lots of written exams , the grading, crb clearance , firts aid, and lots of other course, ask why it cost so much, if you get a sports science degree included it may be worth it , good luck buddy :)

10. hardball

hardball Valued Member

Wow, can't believe this thread is still going. I make a decent living as an Accountant. I was blessed to be able to afford the $200. Here, 8 years later one of my ikkyu's just paid me $200 in advance for his shodan. You get what you pay for. Part of the cost went into a deluxe customized Black Belt.

11. qigong

qigong Valued Member

fair play , i dont want to play hardball with you over it hehe:)

12. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

why did you decide to grade? you seemed pretty conflicted about it before.