Shou shu

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Lee Waters, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

How is it on every other forum I am a hated renegade, but have thus failed to spark any real animosity between another member(s) on MAP. >.<

I DEMAND A FLAME WAR AGAINST ME!!!

MAP vs. INFRAZAEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But honestly . . . . . it's funny everyone arguing each other. I laff.

2. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

BTW Shou Shu is absolutely BS in case anyone is wondering.

3. FightingMonk2k3

FightingMonk2k3 Valued Member

4. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Because we are sensible people, and can see what your doing :p

5. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Ok ok ,do you want this to be the first thread I lock? If so then continue just as you are gentlemen. :)

6. shoushutiger

shoushutiger New Member

7. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

*finger hovering over the close thread button"...............

8. Guizzy

Guizzy with Arnaud and Eustache

Awww, come on, keep the thread open! It's great stress relief.

Pushing the two groups to argue with one another is just as fun as kicking a beehive next to a baby, then hiding.

Not that I know personnally how that is fun, of course! :p

9. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Lol! Ok ,since you asked so nicely Guizzy I'll give it a temporary reprieve :) I'm keeping my eye on it though and as soon as any tos get broken it will be closed.

So what was Shou Shu again???:D

10. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Sorry mate, but this really isn't right. It doesn't really matter what they do, or plan to do, if you've already hit them hard!

If they're in punching range and they decide to punch you then they probably will, even if you're considerabely faster than they are. Pretty much every proper self defence instructer agrees that pro-action beats re-action.

The patience comes in not rushing to turn an encounter physical, but once you are certain that you are in physical danger then don't wait for the 'attackers strike', ever.

11. shoushutiger

shoushutiger New Member

sorry to disagree with you on this but you speak as if the most fighting you have done was while playing mortal kombat . if you ever get the chance as a good example to you watch wild animals fight and look carefully as u see the mind game as they wait for the moment that the other moves wrong and opens them self for a strike . and then at that moment they pounce and attack killing their opponent it is they same for us ...the old ways of honor and respect for the arts has been removed by the sucker punchers of the martial arts world teaching hit them before they move...this is not what true martial arts was intended for it was and is intended to protect yourself. Not hit the person who had to many to drink and is standing there thinking about hitting you .Until a person makes a physical movement of intent to do you harm you being trained and capable in your art should not strike for to do this is coward and disrespectful to the art in which you have trained ...i will say this is my opinion and it should be viewed as such i mean no disrespect to you or to others it is just the way that i believe it should be

salute

12. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

I disagree with you there.... there is no honor code in survival. Thats just mystical BS.

Why should I have to wait on them making the first move, and then have to react to it, when I can end it before they start it.

13. shoushutiger

shoushutiger New Member

i thought i had been being civil I haven't said any your momma jokes yet :D

didn't wish to offend any one "cough cough sissy's cough cough" lol im just playing :Angel:

14. shoushutiger

shoushutiger New Member

why is simple because you are trained to fight ...and if you believe what i said was BS then you also believe that your art is BS due to the fact that these are the principals that were and are taught. true martial arts extend way past the physical part of it one who is capable of destroying another should do so just because he can ...this is not the way and harmony with in ones soul can not be reached believing in such a manner by being blessed with the ability to defend ones self should tech ones self to be more understanding and patient and less willing to strike . until they make the error of attacking allow them the chance to walk away

15. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I see what you're saying but are you not confusing this supposed honour code in having to wait for someone to attack you with MA for defence only??

I mean, with the latter, you don't go round kicking and punching people for no good reason, it's not what MA's are for. However, in the former a fight has already started when verbal hostilities have already taken place. Actual fisticuffs is merely an escalation.

There is no way I'm waiting for someone to make the first move if I have an opportunity to end the fight there and then with a "sucker punch".

I couldn't imagine lying in hospital thinking "Okay I've got broken ribs and blood is pooling in my bowels but at least I didn't throw the first punch".

However, I do agree with you that, if you can walk away from a fight without harm then walk away. However, in practice it's different and people who can just walk away are better people than me...

16. shoushutiger

shoushutiger New Member

what i am trying to say is that one trained properly should wait for a movement of intent to strike ( a clinched fist a twitch of the arm a forward movement ) i am in no way saying to wait for the punch to be thrown and try to escape what i am saying is if some is just running off at the mouth and has not pushed there way into your personal space (i like to think of this as a three foot circle around me) then let them run there mouth and wait now if they come at you clinch to throw a strike then by all means take them out fast and hard with out mercy.. i just believe that too many out there are teaching people that if some one says ill kick your back side then you should hit them and that i don't fell is true to what M A is and was intended for ..i have had the misfortune of using my skills many more times than i would have liked to but considering some of the paths (many not wise) that i have traveled in this life i sometimes have not had the chance to walk away without causing some one harm so i will never be one to say stand there and get hit but it is the responsibility of one trained in MA to not be the attacker

17. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

It may help your argument if you use a bit more punctuation, I'm finding your posts pretty hard to read. :)

18. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

The sad fact is, if you've been in situations like that (which I have) you kinda gain a sense of when things might escalate into a brawl. It doesn't have to be clenched fist or a "twitch". You can sometimes tell simply by the use of language and the tone.

I agree, you can't beat someone who's just mouthing off and saying he's going to kick your ass, that's just crazy talk. But if I feel that it could get out of hand and I see a chance to get away or to put the other guy down, then I'm taking it. He doesn't need to clench a fist or throw a punch, sometimes you just know...

19. shoushutiger

shoushutiger New Member

sorry ill try harder grammar is the one area that i lack in maybe ill go back to school and take a English class....lol :D

or maybe can you find a way to use MS word to type messages its punctuation and spell check works wonders it will even make me look like a English major.... :topic:

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2007
  20. shoushutiger

shoushutiger New Member

i will agree with you on this to a point...what i was aiming this at was more towards some of the younger posters that seem to be a little punch happy ...this usually is caused by lots of training and not much if any real world experience ...i see this far to often and i try to teach a deeper understanding of the art call me a little old fashion if you will but this is just where my path has lead me... i was not always the calm steady warrior i was to once the young eager to use what i learned child that many in MA are i am not in any way downing them just trying to help make there path one not as filed with much regret as mine