Shou shu

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Lee Waters, Jul 13, 2006.

1. shoushutiger

shoushutiger New Member

first off the first moves u learn with hammer in them is not until your first degree brown witch is three belts above green so the story cant be true due to the fact that a green belt wouldn't know any of these moves second the fact that u say the student stooped and forgot about the 3rd person ...well for some one to stop in a middle of a fight sound a bit strange regardless of what style the have since u say he handled the first two if one beats two people then stands there and lets the 3rd beat on him sounds a bit on the bull side and if it was true then that says allot of the student not the style and as far as the video like i said they were demos only one clip was sparing just found that out and it was a brief clip and well we all know that demos are scripted out like a movie your comment holds no water....sorry to burst your bubble but if you plan on s...t talking it would be wise to come up with better stuff than your last post :woo:

2. FightingMonk2k3

FightingMonk2k3 Valued Member

i wasn't trying to bash on Shou Shu.

as for the that student i heard about, it was like, 6 or 7 years ago when i heard about it so... i wouldn't have known back then on which rank he was anyways.

3. Guizzy

Guizzy with Arnaud and Eustache

And now, to throw oil into the fire.

Sheng Hun practitionners calling out Shou Shu people sound to me like pots calling kettles black.

4. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I dont beleive a word of what the shou shu cats are saying.

5. KageAkuma

KageAkuma Valued Member

FightingMonk is an ex-Shou Shu practitioner. He is speaking out of his own personal experience with the art.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  6. Guizzy

Yes, I remember that, but you see, what I'm saying is that he left one trap to jump right into another.

7. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

hmmmmmmm...

The video was sped up alot. Many of the techniques look highly suspect and it would seem to be the stratagy to wait for the attack and then react. This is a very bad tactic in self defence.

Do you do sticky hands training? Or push hands? Or sparing? If so and you've got any vids it would be good to see them.

8. shoushutiger

shoushutiger New Member

a good defense is always better than a quick ofence ....self defense is what one is taught to do when attacked true... so wouldn't one wish to see what the attacker is planing b4 rushing in to be surprised yes we are taught to be patient and use the attackers strike as a part of our weapon to do this you must wait for the attacker to present their intentions and then u strike .....we do a little of the hand training more so when you reach the higher levels ....sparing yes we spar every week fridays and when every else we get a chance during open mat time sorry but as of yet there is not much video that is avalible to the public of sparing but i have been told that there is plans to put some films up on the web soon ...also i was recently told that soon there will be a book coming out with the history including times dates places people of where shou shu came from i cant tell you as to when exactly it will be out but i am to understand that it is in the works.......... :D

9. FightingMonk2k3

which trap would that be? i'm sorry but any one who leaves one system of martial arts and goes into another system of martial arts can be or could be walking into a trap or a set of traps.

as far as i can see, i do not believe i've walked into a trap. i've just found a martial art that works for me. so how is that walking in to a trap?

10. beknar

beknar Valued Member

I have taken many blows to my head, so I hope you guys will forgive me for asking this. What is Sheng Hun?

Yeah, my google's broken. It is a sad sad day for Mr beknar. :(

11. FightingMonk2k3

www.fareastfightingarts.com

that will give you all the information you need. for the most part, it is a reality based martial art that has 7animals: bear, mantis, mongoose, tiger, dragon, crane, cobra. it is a very pure martial art and very effective.

12. KageAkuma

KageAkuma Valued Member

FightingMonk,

I fail to see where I was bashing on you. That wasn't my intention. Guizzy simply made a comment about how Sheng Hun practitioners were bashing on Shou Shu practitioners. My comment about you being an ex-Shou Shu practitioner was simply to show that any comments you had about the art was based from personal first hand experience, not as someone who has a completely unfounded biased opinion. I'm sorry for defending you.

Also, I didn't quit. I had to stop training because I went to jail. After I got out of jail, I was under house arrest for almost a year. By the time I was able to train freely again, Shi Gong had moved the school to California. As for me not coming down to train with you guys, that's because I don't have the money. I've been in contact privately with Shifu Brown and Shi Gong about coming down to train. I just haven't been able to raise enough money, nor have I been able to take time off work.

And, I don't doubt that your skills are sharper than mine. I never said otherwise. None of the Sheng Hun practitioners get together up here. We've all gone our separate ways. I haven't attended a Sheng Hun class for well over a year. I've just simply been practicing what I remember on my free time. Which is why I'm saving up money to come down there for a full month's worth of training, to help get some of the rust off. But, money and work come back into play. I do plan to come down sometime during the summer months once my budget allows it.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  13. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Alright people, chill it.

We're all adults here, some more than others (i.e. me :D ).

Keep it civil as I prefer not to have to close this thread.

14. KageAkuma

KageAkuma Valued Member

Hey, I'm being plenty civil. :p :D

15. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Now look what happened. The big guns were sent in and posts were removed. You've woken a sleeping dragon people!!!

Remember, these aren't the droids we're looking for...

16. shoushutiger

shoushutiger New Member

the funny thing is your da shifu was once a mores black belt a second degree black belt. He wanted to open a moore's shou shu studio but was told no so he went out and renamed it and made up what he hadnt been taught yet. Im not in any way saying he is not capable but he is no da shifu. The 7 beasts you are learning is a little incomplete considering he only knows two. Not trying to start a war just stating a facts. After i saw your schools name and did a lil research into it i asked one of our higher ranks who has been around a long time and he told me how its was strange one day a tiger shifu next has his own school and is a dashifu. If you ask me you should come back to the source of the art :Angel:

there you go i put a little punctuation in ...lol

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  17. Gidion

Gidion New Member

post that again but with some PUNCTUATION

18. Guizzy

It's a bit like Shou Shu.

No, actually, it's just as dodgy as Shou Shu.

And both groups seem to despise one another.

19. KageAkuma

KageAkuma Valued Member

The only similarity is that they both have the same animals. However, the animals are taught completely different and have different principles within their respective styles.

20. beknar

beknar Valued Member

Ugh. I hereby categorically retract everything I ever said on this thread.

If I said anyone's mom wore combat boots, I was wrong, she in fact did not wear combat boots. And so on and so forth.