SHOGUN

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Infrazael, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

SHOGUN

Shogun is back all ya haters!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2009
  2. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

It sucks when a "kung fu" guy cares more about MMA than the MMA guys right . . . . :D

3. Axelator

Axelator Not called Alex.

Your idea of caring is writing someones name out one hundred times?

4. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Well I don't even see a "UFC 97 Discussion" thread going on or anything really active here.

I discuss MMA over at Bullshido and DragonsList mostly.

BTW how can you not be impressed with Shogun last night.

Did you not even watch the event?

5. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Shogun was OK, it's hard to say how good he was, as Chuck was just bad. Wasn't a particularly enjoyable fight.

6. Axelator

Shogun was alright. Nothing amazing though. Beating a fighter on his last legs isn't enough to say he's going to destroy the lhw division. Unless you're a shogun fan boy.

7. MacWombat

MacWombat Valued Member

I thought the fight was enjoyable until the knockout. It was starting to get good with their trading takedowns and then it was all over.

8. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Shogun has a lot to prove yet in the UFC ,I mean defeats over Chuck nowhere near his prime and Mark Coleman definitely nowhere near his prime.

Lacklustre even in general, Silva wasn't great although I was also dissapointed in Lietes, I mean, if you want Silva on the ground then you need to work a little harder. I was expecting him to do more, he would take him down then Silva was right back up again.

I would have started a thread sooner but only got to see it tonight due it being aired on Setanta late last night.

9. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Wandy and Shogun nuthugger for life. :)

He showed better defense, MUCH better boxing, awesome speed, technical striking as well.

We will see Shogun evolve in an even better fighter, mark my words. He will adopt a slick, aggressive fighting style that embodies more evasive defenses and more accurate, technical striking.

10. MacWombat

MacWombat Valued Member

Am I the only one who always thinks Roids Roids Roids for Shogun regarding his performances in Pride?

11. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

There is definitely nothing awesome about Rua.

12. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Liddell was just embarrassing. Shogun didn't have to try particularly hard

13. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Lidell is a legend though and is well past his prime, Rua however doesn't have that excuse :D He did however look better than he did against Coleman which wasn't hard.

14. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

I think the surface was faster in Pride, and the rules favoured people with good standup and/or submissions over wrestlers. Also ring rust played a part in his fight against Griffin, and then the knee injuries have destroyed his fitness. It's no great mystery.

15. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Am I missing something here?

98% of people thought Liddell was gonna "kill Shogun" prior to their fight, that Shogun was "done" or "past his prime" or "roid raging" or a number of other crap. Oh and my favorite "Chuck's style is the worst possible matchup for him."

So when Chuck suddenly loses, everyone is either jumping on the Shogun bandwagon, or going "nah man, Chuck was done already" or "Chuck was out of his prime" or "Chuck's chin is shot."

Seriously give the man a break already, Chuck can still KTFO anyone in the LHW division that night.

16. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

He's such a boring fighter. Nothing awesome at all !!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX8deealksY"]YouTube - Mauricio Shogun Rua highlight[/ame]

17. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

He's back.

18. Patrick_baji

Patrick_baji Valued Member

imo chuck was looking better than he had been in some of his recent fights....he was actually making use of his skills other than just using his hands. Shogun obviously being younger and sharper just got the better of him.

Oh and to all the shogun haters...yeah he must be crap....because he was never ranked the #1 LHW in the world at one point or another....

19. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

No one can really say any pro mma fighters are crap. Shame Chuck's retired though, what a way to go out

20. Axelator

No one hates him or said he was crap. It's just too early to be saying he's going to storm through the LHW division because of one half decent fight.