Shinobi Soldiers

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Sandstorm, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Mod request...

Can we please keep this thread on topic and not have it descend into petty insults and back and forth bickering like often happens?

2. Ace of Clubs

Ace of Clubs Banned Banned

Puhleez don't stop posting the lulz manga.

It brightens my day :cool:

3. skuggvarg

skuggvarg Valued Member

At least let Mr Cummins answer all questions posted to him before it grows to big to handle. I am seriously interested in hearing more about how he got to translating the Shoninki and why he thinks so highly of Katori Shinto Ryu when it comes to ninjutsu (and dont even try to make this into something it aint, I really enjoy their martial art)? Basically, all I wonder is, since the ninjutsu part of katori shinto ryu isnt widely known, how can you judge its weight in the discussion? Maybe it is only a trace in some densho left, maybe some strategies?

Regards / Skuggvarg

4. benkyoka

benkyoka one million times

I predict a quick exit.

5. Ace of Clubs

Ace of Clubs Banned Banned

I predict that your prediction is predictable.

Or perhaps Mr.Cummins will be cummin' around soon.

6. Manga

Manga Moved On

Ace of Clubs said - "Puhleez don't stop posting the lulz manga.

It brightens my day :cool:"

Hehe thank you Ace, always nice to be appreciated :love:

On a side note and not wishing to detract from the purpose of the thread, I just wanted to make one point. The only reason I occasionally post lulzy things (remember, I'm not alone) is to break the immersion some people seem to have in their own serious business. People seem to take things far too seriously at times and all I try to do is occasionally hold up a mirror to cause you to reflect upon your own behavior. There's a time and a place for serious business of course but when you're getting so immersed in it that you can't see your own immersion then someone needs to throw something in your path to make you aware of it and hopefully create a break.

If someone is getting wound up due to my posting say a picture of Hitler trying to hold a piece of watermelon, then it kind of proves my above point I think :cool:

Now, until Anthony Cummins returns with more information, treating this as srs bsns is not very productive. However know that my forces are marshalled in readiness for his return :hat:

Now, because apparently posts are being rationed by the srs bsns ninjas, I will add this reply here rather than reply in a separate post as good forum etiquette would dictate :cool:

Skuggvarg said - "Basically, all I wonder is, since the ninjutsu part of katori shinto ryu isnt widely known, how can you judge its weight in the discussion? Maybe it is only a trace in some densho left, maybe some strategies?"

Hi Skuggvarg :)

If you don't already have access to a copy, can I suggest getting hold of the revised and updated Katori Shinto-ryu book as it has a most enlightening section on the Ninjutsu of the Katori Shinto-ryu in it. Not as much information as of course we would like but what is there is still fascinating and informative.

7. skuggvarg

skuggvarg Valued Member

Manga,
    Thanks for the suggestion! I mustve missed that. I will definitely get a copy (I love books, especially about martial arts). Care to give me a taste of what it says about ninjutsu?

regards / Skuggvarg

8. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

In my opinion, in two words:

Counter espionage.

:ninja2::ninja1:

:D

That's how I took it.

Edit: I've just had a quick look, it also mentions the idea that scouting and such are considered by some the military applications of Ninjutsu.

I thought this worth mentioning considering the current discussion. ;)

Like i said ryu by ryu basis!!!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  9. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

Its been fun watching Mr Cummins over the internet lately rattling on about his copies of documents etc, its a pity he hasnt shown them anywhere, and i've had a good look at his youtube stuff.

From what i can see he's just selling a book, using the Bujinkan & Genbukan as the ammo to build it up hoping we will all buy into it, funny thing is he isnt saying anything new..

What i love about MAP is that over the coming weeks as he is torn to shreds on here it moves up Google quicker than a paedophile in a nursery school...

It will be fun when you enter him into google and MAP comes up first giving him negative publicity.

I'm now going to pull up a chair with my beer & popcorn and seriously am thinking about turning off the football over the next few days just to see how this pans out...

10. jameswhelan

jameswhelan Valued Member

Hi Nutjob,

To me though, megaposting in threads about people/ideas you don't like with ridiculing posts in order to push them up the google hit rankings seems to be an abuse of MAP, an abuse of Google and, well, just not cool.

11. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

Hi James,

Agreed in a fashion..i think posting pics of Hitler eating watemelon is a bit out of sorts but i remember in the good old days how i used to enjoy doing it....

As for abuse, i personally think its good that this will highlight the unrequired plight of Mr cummins, everyone is allowed their opinion though otherwise this would be China!

12. Nick Mandilas

Nick Mandilas Resistance is an option..

actually he's been trying to reply, but his computer has windows so he keeps slapping it instead! :)

13. benkyoka

benkyoka one million times

God bless you, Rubber Tanto.

14. Manga

Manga Moved On

Rubber Tanto said - "actually he's been trying to reply, but his computer has windows so he keeps slapping it instead!"

^
    |
    Genuine coffee-spraying moment right here :hat:

15. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Anthony, some points from my very brief look through your public information,

1) You seem to be saying that the contents/range/scope of the Togakure school do not match historical documents, have you included the KORISUYA NINJUTSU NO GOKUI BY ITO GINGETSU, as part of these documents, and in particular which historical documents (and which translations) are you using as reference?

2) My own view is that The Xkan (as opposed to Togakure Ryu, which may or may not be original) aren’t best described as wholly ninjutsu, hence why there is a ‘martial art’ tradition that is associated with it. (Gyoku, Gikan and Koto ryu) with the various Kukishinden, Tagi and Shinden fudo ryu as assimilated arts under the ‘Takamatsuden’ banner

3) You who seem to be obsessed with the ‘ninjutsu’ angle, and when you realised the nuances that go along side the xkan and ‘ninjutsu’ seem to be making a straw-man argument out of that fact. Which makes people not want to take you seriously.

4) The fact that you didn’t train in Japan (much?), and yet tell people you did train in japan, means that you have tried to spin facts to make you seem more experienced then you actually are. Which makes people not want to take you seriously.

5) The fact you cannot read Japanese makes your research dependent on others and as such not as informed as if you could. Which makes people not want to take you that seriously.

6) Your low skill level in Taijutsu and martial arts in general doesn’t invalidate your research at all, but considering your also making instructional videos does mean many people will not take you seriously

7) Your seemingly made up WMA instructional videos again marks you as someone not to be taken seriously.

8) Your seemingly superior attitude over practioners of ‘combat sports’ again marks you out someone not to be taken seriously. Especially when all of your minor training is in a subject you yourself are arguing against. There seems to be no internal consistency with your attitudes towards the ‘ninjerer’ arts and how you view your own training vs combatative sports training.

9) Your blind acceptance of what you are taught as ‘amatsu tatara / tensegrity’, Have you ever applied your critical thinking to this subject? re: again B]no internal consistency [/B]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  16. Hayseed

Hayseed Thread Killer

What he said..

...and I'll raise you; Have you looked into the books I referenced to you on youtube?(Kore wa Ninjutsu da!, Shinsetsu Nihon Ninja Retsuden, Ninjutsu no Kenkyu)

If you haven't, why?

17. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Guys who wants to give odds on if he's coming back?

I would of thought he'd be pretty eager to answer things.

18. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

I've messaged him on facebook asking him to come back.

19. Canit

Canit Valued Member

He is probably giddy as a school girl. No doubt scripting his next youtube video about all the hate he is getting here and how it proves that he had the real goods.

Do the hustle! :banana:

20. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

doing the hustle!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.