Shing Yi & Ba Gua in Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by Placebo, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Placebo

Placebo Valued Member

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to express that if anyone is interested in a very good instructor:

http://www.stucharno.com/

I have studied with Stu and he is very talented and knowledgeable with the internal aspect of Shing-Yi and also very fun. He is very generous when it comes to information and sharing ways to devlope internal "connection". His classes are taught relaxed atmosphere and everyone is working on their own thing. There are two person exrecises, but if you are looking to spar it's probably not the place for you.

I have met other instructors in Xing-Yi, but I have enjoyed Stu Charnos method the most (it works for me) because of his focus on the internal aspects as opposed to the more martial aspects on top of the fact that Stu is a great person to be around.

A word of advice: If you decide to cosider attendeing his class, "empty your cup" (at least a little). If he feels that you are there to teach him something, he may politely tell you seek a teacher who would better suit your needs.

Feel free to ask me anything regarding his method, his class,etc. I don't represent him, I just wanted to share my experience!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009