Shamrock vs Kimo

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Spike!, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Spike!

Spike! New Member

Anyone going to watch this and anyone have opinions on who will win? If i remember correctly Shamrock whipped his **** the first time so who do you think will win this one? My vote goes to shamrock.

Rob

2. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

I think it's gonna be a tougher fight for Shamrock than most would think. Kimo recently was awarded his black belt in BJJ, and has worked hard since his debut ten years ago.

I still gotta go with Ken, though.

3. Spike!

Spike! New Member

I just saw that tito whipped kens **** a few years ago. Sux man i never liked TITO and he got his **** kicked by frank so i guess its ok.

Rob

4. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Is this Kimo from the early UFC events or a different Kimo?

5. Trent Tiemeyer

Same guy, more tattoos.

6. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Jesus!

I mean, Jesus!

No, I mean Jesus!!! :p

7. Trent Tiemeyer

8. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

I like Kimo's tattoos. Minus the one on the back of his head, that one is dumb.

I think I'm going to have to go with Kimo. He's one tough son of a... yea. Should be a good fight. Its on the 26th right?? I cant remember.

9. Spike!

Spike! New Member

19th and dont forget he got owned the last time they fought so i would be surprised if he wins unless he has trained his **** off and ken sat on his.

Rob

10. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

Thanks for the correct date. I know something is going on on the 26th. Just have to remember what it was. Dont you hate when that happens :p

About the fight, Kimo is a tough SOB. He has also been training and fighting since there last fight. Ken on the other hand has been out of the game for awhile. Even if he has kept up on his training, which I dont know if he has or not, he still hasnt been in any fights lately. Im pretty sure that that will effect him when they fight. Besides Kimo hadnt done any groundwork at the time him and Ken first fought and now he hold a blackbelt in BJJ. Maybe he still isnt on the same level as Ken on the ground but I dont think he will be easy to beat down there. Anyway Like I said it should be a good fight.

On a side note: Shamrock said if he lost he wouldnt make up any excuse and that if he lost its because Kimo was the better fighter. If Im right and Kimo does win Id like to see if Ken sticks to that. I really hate it when people give excuse to why the lost. Why cant the just admit that there opponent was the better fighter on that night. Sorry starting to turn into a rant :p So Ill stop here.

Thanks again for the right date.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2004
  11. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Any word on whether or not Setanta are showing this UFC in the UK? I can't find any information about it on their site, but they didn't have any up when the last one was on either.
    Shamrock/ Kimo should be an interesting fight, but I'm more interested in watching Sylvia vs Mir, personally

12. Spike!

Spike! New Member

I personally just like to watch shamerock fight no matter who its against. I would like to see him fight his brother that would be interesting.

Rob

13. chylaxin

chylaxin New Member

this fight should be interesting. I mean if you watch even bjj purple belts do no hold barred matches and do well, so kimo is at the level of blact belt which could bare much significance. But right now Shamrock is training with a great shootfighter by the name of Eric Paulson. They are training religiously with one another so this one could be up in the air. Personally I want Shamrock to win but you cant be upset who looses unless it's just an extreme beat down.

14. Cyrax

Cyrax Forever Student

going to be a good fight....sak's fight will be good too...so will yoshida's...

15. MiyamotoMusashi

MiyamotoMusashi Valued Member

My vote is for Shamrock. I just like the guy!

16. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Personally i really hope Kimo wins. I was very impressed with his attitude after his victory over Tank. He seemed to honest, genuine and moddest. I really hope he wins over Shamrock.

17. Acekicken

Acekicken Submission Fighter

Both Guy's are Tuff

But The Win Will be desided of The Ground.
    Ken 's Strenghts are in Leg Submissons , Kimo Has Made
    A remarkable trasformation From Street Brawler to a Skilled Fighter.

If I Must Choose I will Say Ken But will not Count Kimo Down
    it will be a Close Fight. Good Luck to Both Of Them.

The Real Winners are always The Fans (us)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2004
  18. Pika

Pika New Member

Kimo will win.

He has come a long way since the first fight.

As for Ken, outside of Pancrase, who has he ever beat? Probably the most over rated fighter going around...........

19. Acekicken

Acekicken Submission Fighter

Top Fighters Ken Has Beat.

1. Dan Severn
    2. Bas Rutten
    3. Maurice Smith
    4. Matt Hume
    5. Masa Funaki

These 5 are Top Fighters With huge Hearts & Much Skill
    Ken Holds Victory's over Them , Lets Not Forget his only Loses are to some
    Good Fighters as Well.

Ken Is Still The Most Reconised MMA Fighter in The World
    He get a lot of BS From People Who don't care For Pro Wrestlers.

20. Trent Tiemeyer

Umm...

Aside from Dan Severn, all of those wins were in Pancrase.