Sexual Chi-Gung...

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Kew-Do, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Kew-Do

Kew-Do Valued Member

How many of you guys have heard of "Sexual Chi-Gung"? :love:

2. WunHungLo

WunHungLo New Member

Is that anything like the old breathelizer trick that Blondes are supposed to fall for? :D

3. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

Yip. However I have no desire to withhold ejaculation, or anything of the like.

4. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

There are two versions, the one where you take the energy from your partner as they climax(this just seems wrong to me, especially coming from Taoists, seemed like it whent against the way)

And the other where you share/mix and join your energy with that of your partner to unify, purify and improve(you do not need to refrain from climax with this way).

5. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

first of all.... if its written by a westerner, sold for alot of money (more then 7$ a book), is a take home video... its bullcrap.

remeber this, meditate on it. bulllllcrraaaapppppp.

there are some qigong (more formal way of saying it), sexual positions. I am not sure if these are traditional or if they were created by Americans to sell books. You can find them ocationally in kama sutra books. Basically they are a chinese version of sexual positions. Like "the dragon" position, or lotus etc... (more chinese terms then hindi)...

What are qigong or kama sutra positions for? Well that depends. If your listening to americanized bs, then your listening to propaganda to drive the sales of "orientalism" basically the fascinaton westerners have with the east... often fake to sell products. Yoga... its been perverted alot in the west to sell prodcuts (yogurt commercials) or to sell yoga dvds...

Ok... so... in short... kama sutra could be used to in olden days to pretend to be like the animals, since the animals themselves were powerfully sexual. the positions are hot to....

What is real tantric sex or tantric meditation? Yes, meditating during sex can increase your longevity (ability to ast in bed)... but... most westerners learn from again commercials, fake books etc.. .not from tantric wetserners. this is why people in america think... "oh tantric sex is better sex, better orgasms etc"..

THATS NOT WHAT IT IS.

Tantric sex... was traditionally used by Tibetans to help thier meditations, to help their conciousness.

Basically it works like this.... during sex... you are focusing on one or two things... (sex, bodies... trying not to umm...darkness)... if you practice you might be able to meditate and think about nothing (just let go of feelings and enjoyments and just "do it" like nike... and clear your mind..)

tibetans do a slightly different version of meditation... in japanese zen buddhism you are taught to empty yourself, or to not focus on anything. in some forms of tibetan meditation you focus on a central point (a picture of the buddha, a painting, the feeling of your lover's...)...

so what does this all mean? tantric meditation can help you be at your finest hour. at the point of orgasming, you could do your best meditations and most powerful, since there are no distractions.

try sitting in a dorm room, meditating... when you hear old rusty pipes, computers, fans, showers, roomates, elivators... its distracting!

try meditating during sex..... lot less distracting (plus you reduce nervousness)...

ok... back on topic. what could qigong sex be? basically medating while moving. asana yoga is "posture yoga" basically holding positions. Qigong, is influenced from yoga, but is "yoga in movement"... meaning you are meditating and stretching and holding postures while moving. so how does this apply to sex?

well qigong and yoga and wing chun teach similiar methods for controlling your breathing, for meditating, for increasing your abilities to manipulate chi (burn energy by holding or performing a position)...

1. get a partner
    2. make love
    3. practice your meditation
    4. when your about to wahhhh... continue mediating...

how is this tantric? well... tantric isn't really sex. tantric is a type of meditation. focus on something. if you need help, the best thing that has helped me are thankas (tibetan paintings)... sit by yourself and meditate... focus on the painting... then you focus on the painting creating the image in your brain.. projecting it in front of you mentally... basically after a few weeks of meditating like this you can meditate without a painting and still have "visuals" to focus on... i can meditate and have a light image of a buddha before me for a few seconds.... tibetan monks can do this for a few minutes! (concentrating on one imagery is near impossible studies show most humans can concentrate 1-3 seconds ... )

lastly... tantric sex is to improve/fasten your path to enlightenment, to improve your meditation and concentration abilities... and in return it improves your sex life... but doing this meditation without formal training or with religious intention, is rather fruitless.

google search thangkas

check out this thread on tibetan meditation and concentration:
    http://martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33958

both tibetan and chinese buddhist monks were to be celibate. but they believe maybe 500-1000 years ago when tantric meditation masters were probably at their highest rate in practice (tibet).... that they may have slept with women (well the 5th? is it of the dalai lamas got around! and was famous for it... women loved him).... but most tantric sex was performed with thangkas and know sex occured... just meditating on goddess/vara/buddhas/dieties performing the sex. its very powerful to use your imagination this way... if you can be a perv and meditate on a diety... probably alot easier then emptying your cup and trying to let everything flow out (expecially those noisy roomateS).

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  6. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

Have you ever researched Taoist Sexuall Yoga? Look into it's purpose and design.

7. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

do you think it was created by lay (commeners) or monks? its very interesting!

sometimes i feel tantric sex was invented for releasing sexual frustration of living a celibate life... meaning... to imagine dieties/buddhas having sex.. but not actually having sex yourself... and in the meantime... improving your meditation abilities.

for lay people.. it seems to improve your sex life, balance and energy. in taoism... what is the purpose of the taoist sex? i mean the whole "stealing/taking or balancing energy" stuff i'm not sure would lead you detatchment and the way.

so... what were the intentions of its creation.. coming from easterners and not american marketers. i find it interesting... because tantric sex is to improve your meditation abilities... yet westerners have mass-perverted it to mean to improve your orgasms. so... i am curious why taoists practice it..

i remeber my wing chun sifu once stating... that taoist believe are energies are mixed... shared... during sex.. so if you cheat.. your mixing or giving your energy to another person... and that women often feel more energized after (taking) and men... exhausted (giving).... its very yin and yang. but... if you mix your yang with the wrong person (cheat)... then you will neve be balanced again.

8. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

As I remember, it was designed by Internal Alchemists of the Later Heavenly Way(I believe) monks first then it passed out.

It was designed to purify jing and heighten it on the internal path towards immortality, it as described had two paths to reach this, one being the taking of your partner's jing during climax(there was no love in this and even calling it sex would be too nice a term, I think this path was wrong as it goes against most Taoist views.)

The other path being the sharing of jing with your partner and trying to unify on the path towards immortality, this was more about sharing, joining, caring, compassion, love(more along the Taoist path IMO).

9. dragonclaw

dragonclaw Valued Member

Cool threead. BTW, are either of you Taoist? Cause I'd like to hear what a practicing Taoist has to say about this. Also, Kama Sutra was used spirtiually as well, but as stated it didn't actually give "better" sex but made sex an intigral part of the spiritual journey. also to make a "wife" move up the food chain to numero uno! As told to me by a Hindu(of Indian decent of course!).

10. Kew-Do

Kew-Do Valued Member

Quote from jroe52....

"qigong (more formal way of saying it)"

Who gives a poop, how you spell it, it's still the same Chi-Gung that I have practiced since you were around 4 years old. qigong Chi-Gung same thing ( Kung-Fu = Gung-Fu ) Who cares it means the same. :)

Mon-Mon lie wa-jung yee jen-jen da qwai-la jayshur Chi-Gung Ma? How-la ma? Nin-bu-tong Ma?

"Dong Fong Siu Nim Chun Chee siu-siao"

Thank you for the post though I enjoyed the read.

Kew-Do

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  11. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

I'm Neo Taoist, I am aware of these things but have never been involved with them, I stated my oppinion on them.

12. onyomi

onyomi 差不多先生

At a certain point in qigong practice it becomes obvious that sexual pleasure/excitation and qigong are very much related. Just practicing normal qigong will enhance sex because the feeling of sexual pleasure is a type of movement of the qi. If the qi can move more freely then the feelings of sex will be felt more strongly troughout the whole body.

According to TCM, the qi that can circulate in the body is constituted in part by the jing, or sexual essences (probably somewhat analogous to hormones). They are excited by sexual activity, increasing the level of qi circulation in the body. That is, if you circulate the qi conscioussly while having sex, it will feel stronger than usual. Whether or not this is a good method to employ is debated. Some say it's good and useful, others say it uses up too much jing and will exchange long-term vitality for a short-term boost. Qigong can also be used to achieve certain other effects in the area, the practice of which is subject to the same type of criticism. I've also heard of practitioners (maybe monks) only imagining having sex as part of a type of meditation, thereby stimulating the jing without indulging in lust.

Therefore, "sexual qigong" isn't a different type of qigong, it's just one of many available tools. The qi is always related to the sexual energy, but you don't have to use sex as a qigong tool. Sex is just another strategy, like breathing, relaxation, intention, stretching, being hit, massage, making sounds, applying heat, etc. designed to achieve the goals of qigong--i.e. increased health of mind and body (which for the religious could be a means to help achieve spiritual goals).

13. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

yep... sex is a tool for better meditation... but often in the west its promoted as the opposite

14. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

lol... that's a very good quote! Though to be honest jroe Im dubious as to the amount that tantric practices have been practiced in the East with purely spiritual intentions in mind. There was for instance a 'dark period' in Tibet during which the central authority collapsed and various rogue 'tantric' masters went about promoting some rather dodgy practices and even with the reestablishment of central control and the attempt to promote a Buddhist heterdoxy not everything kept was entirely 'pure'. Or for a more modern example how about Chogyal Trungpa? A well respected Buddhist teacher yes however he also caused plenty of his controversy because of his sexual relationships with his students (including a celibate nun and his marriage to a 16 year old girl) and was eventually responsible for passing on HIV to several of his students.

15. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

Eww well karma will get him haha. All religions have bad people, its up to the people themselves to follow thier own beliefs and not to become hyprocrites.

As a lay buddhist, I think its important to be loyal with one partner but still stay on your path for a better world. Tantric, can improve your sex life, but also greatly improve your meditation abilities. (at least visual meditations)

However, meditating in shiu lim tao? (wing chun) form, I can do the same type of visual meditations and feel much more at peace and relaxed if i am outside in summer. So, various methods work better for various people or a mix is good as well.

I think that is why jungle retreats were so helpful and a major part of the early traditions (retreats)... meditating in the woods...

16. onyomi

onyomi 差不多先生

Sexual qigong definitely has a sketchy rep. The party line of my Buddhist Qigong system is that it's to be avoided. I've also heard that some masters of sexual qigong would employ prostitutes in order to have a wide enough sample to practice with. Also, some techniques, like one in which a woman holds weights attached to an egg-shaped piece of jade inserted into the vagina, were considered techniques for prostitutes trying to hone their craft (and therefore shameful for respectable people to practice).

However, I think it may be good for modern people to distinguish which practices may actually be harmful to your health and which were merely considered improper because of social bias. For example, the weight-holding thing might help with female issues like inability to orgasm or incontinence. I don't really see how it should be considered shameful or harmful.

17. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

lol i think everyone has.... the real question is ... "Is it a bunch of bullcrap that makes what is already good seem better and empty wallets at the same time?"

18. Kew-Do

Kew-Do Valued Member

Good Question............

I think the same question can be applied to People who claim to teach real CMA or a very rare syle of Gung-Fu and only teach people because their "Chinese Restaurant" is not bringing in enough money. I've witnessed this twice in my area. in 1987 One such person advertised teaching a very "Rare" style of Gung-Fu that he called "Wing-Chun" not knowing that there were many people in the area where I live practicing this art. When people went to enquire about this "Rare Style" they were suprised to find out that in the end that most knew more about WC that this guy! Talk about being served a humble piece of "Humble Pie". Unfortunately there are still people who do this and get away with it.

Kew-Do

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  19. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

I rape underaged girls with my Sexual Chi Kung from a distance.

Your wife's child is actually my illigetimate child.

20. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

if it costs money its not a good thing... that means no prostitutes, no gimics, no books, no capitalism...

practice on your own for free with your loved one... if you do not have one partner to practice with, who are you giving your qi to?

partners should balance each other out:)

you don't have to have sex to do tantric meditation... you can use your imagination/visual (focus concentration)... many tantric masters were virgins if they didnt break their vows.

breaking a vow as a monk does have its consequences and social stigmas!