sensi Oughton....... 8th dan???????

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by graveyard_ninja, Jan 12, 2004.

1. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

I think when everything is said and done money has a huge role to play in such disputes.

I've heard it said that O Sensei used to have a donation bowl at the door of the dojo and students would pay what they felt was worth the practice and teaching they received.

If every martial arts organisation followed that practice, then I doubt there would be so many. Simply because there wouldn't even be close to half the amount of revenue to be made from voluntary annoymous donations.

2. Amakasashi

Amakasashi New Member

that is cool aikiwolfie i have never heard that about o'sensei, it sad that we can't do that now. Oh well what can you do lol.

3. Dave Humm

Dave Humm Serving Queen and Country

:) First and formost run an honest organisation that sticks to it's principles and constituted purpose. Maybe ?

(I can just imagine Dexter thinking "FFS" lol.. Sorry mate)

DaveH

4. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Yeah it is sad that we can't do that. Can't imagine a donation being accepted for your insureance anyway. I don't know if it is actually true or not. But I think if the idea was put to many of the teachers heading up a great number of organisations their true motavations would be exposed.

I don't think there's anything inherantly wrong about earning a living from martial arts. After all even the Samurai would have been paid for their services. I just think people should be honest about what they are doing and charge a fair price.

5. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

is it true that at one point the BAB didn't recognise Morihei Ueshiba as the founder of Aikido?

6. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

I've never jeard that story but since O Sensei came up with the name it would be pretty hard to prove otherwise.

7. Amakasashi

Amakasashi New Member

yeah true, who would have thought about running an honest organization before.

8. Dave Humm

Dave Humm Serving Queen and Country

LOL... do I detect a degree of sarcasm in there somewhere mate ? :) :)

DaveH

9. crane

crane New Member

It's sad to think all this lies and deciet surround an art like aikido which at the end of the day is a martial art that prides it's self on high moral principals.
    The BAB (in my opinion) have made a mockery of all that O'sensi stood for.