Sensei Coyle (Koyo)'s Memorial

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by makotokai, Feb 9, 2011.

1. lorrainemccoll

lorrainemccoll Valued Member

Hi guys i have managed to set up a sponsor page for race for life so if u log onto computer "race for life 2011" and click on fundraise and type in my name Lorraine Anne McColl this will allow u to donate to this very special cause and every little penny really does cound and is very much appreciated.

Please give if possible as these charities need all the support they can get, many many thanks

Lainybird xx

2. Happy Feet Cotton Tail

Happy Feet Cotton Tail Valued Member

I am involved in grappling tournament at St Andrews on May the 15th so I will -much to my great dismay- be unable to attend the service for Sensei Koyle. But have no doubt I will be thinking of Koyo and I'll put in a takedown or two in his memory!

3. lorrainemccoll

Hi there

Hi there, i've just managed in the past few days to get a sponsor page up and running so if u log onto the "race for life 2011" website and click on fundraise and entre my name "lorraine anne mccoll" (a pic of myself and handsome dad will appear) and u may make a donation, please help kickstart this great cause and i thank u for any donation that is given. Many many thanks and good health to u always.

Lainybird x

4. Atre

Atre Valued Member

5. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Thanks Atre.

Lorraine, small donation made, hope it sets you on your way.

6. lorrainemccoll

Thank u for kickstarting the donations Simon Sheridan

Hi Simon, may i take this oppertunity to THANK YOU so very very much for ur kind an much appreciated donation to my sponsor "RACE FOR LIFE" which ALL proceeds go towards cancer research and as u are all well aware this is a worthy cause which is deserving off everything they can get.

My daughter, niece and myself have done this race for the past 3yrs (this being our 4th) and this year is gonna b the toughest and most emotional 1 yet as u can all imagine but we're sure my dad will be pushing us all the way.

Thank you again for ur generosity.

Lainybird x

7. Simon

You make it sound so much more than it was, but thank you.

The Race for Life is fantastic and my wife ran in an event last year.
    The Just Giving site makes things really easy too. Not like the old days of walking around with a sponsor form and the struggle afterwards of collecting the money (remember that from school sponsored walks)?

All the best.

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/lorraineannemccoll1912

8. lorrainemccoll

Hi simon

Hi simon, we do as a family really appreciate any donation given for this fantastic cause and what u gave was a great and much appreciated amount to start me off (i do have family and friends who have done it the old fashioned way via sponsor sheet) but ur still the only 1 to have sponsored me via the link but that doesn't matter its the thought behind it that counts.

This will be my fourth yr doing the race for life (done it for the great cause and to say that i've acheived something for those who r in greater need than myself and others) and NEVER in a million yrs did i think that i would be doing this in memory of our dad and my mum in law :(.

Anyway i wish u good health and a great big THANK YOU again and hope to speak to u soon.

Lainybird

9. Simon

10. lorrainemccoll

Hi there guys, i would like to take this oppertunity on behalf of my siblings: Billy, Anne Marie, George and myself Lainybird (our kids and other halves)to thank u all so so very much for the amazing and energetic well organised memorial seminar that took place today for our dearly missed and never forgotten and always in our hearts and thoughts dad Koyo/Sensie Coyle/Slim.

Every1 in attendance out done themselves and our father would have been walking the mat with his head high, chest out and advice floughting in the air, i'd also like to point out that my sister AnneMarie who hasn't been on the mat for over 20yrs (due to ill health) actually took to the mat today and we were all bursting with pride.

Thank you all again for keeping the dream alive, take care and good health to you all.

Lainybird x

11. Simon

I bet everyone today tried that little bit harder than normal.

12. lorrainemccoll

Thaks

Hi Simon, thank u for ur response :)

I'm more than sure they worked the hardest they have ever done in their lives and had our dads spirit there pushing them all the way.

We are ever so greatful that they actually went out of their ways and presented this memorial seminar and worked their backsides of from 10am till 4pm (on the dot) and gave a fantastic practice and my 6yr old daughter Hannah-George has now been asking when she'll b allowed on the mat ( we need some family blood within the class to keep it in the family), so chris/jerry if ur up for training Koyos granddaughter please be my guest (you have learnt from the master so u can pass on the skill)

I'm positive our father would have been very humbled and hounored today and everyday with the pupils he has taught and whom are carrying on his legacy.

Lainybird x

13. Chris Banks

Chris Banks Valued Member

Just wanted to let everyone know that yesterday's seminar was a resounding success, thanks to all who attended (no mappers though :confused:).

Everyone there trained hard all day and I'm sure Sensei Coyle would have been proud of us all.

It was great to have Koyo's family there watching and spurring us on.

Also thanks to Sensei Kincaid for coming down with his students to give a spirited Kendo demo which was a pleasure to watch.

We at the Makotokai will continue to train in the manner we have been taught to carry Koyo's legacy into the future and as always the door is open to all who wish to come along and train with us.

Cheers,

Chris.

PS Lainy,
    When Hannah is ready to start training I'm sure the girls in the club will take her under their wing, as you seen yesterday they are all more than capable!! :evil:

14. lorrainemccoll

Cheers Chris

Hi Chris, we just wanted to say a very massive greatful THANK YOU to u all for sundays Memorial Seminar on behalf of our Dad and ur great teacher :)

My sister AnneMarie was a little jelly legged the next day but was truly hounored that she got to participate and get a feel of her old memories again.

We thought u present the memorial seminar with great respect and practiced with the skill and technique that only Koyos pupils are recodnised for (excellent, accurate and centred).

We all really appreciate the way that the club is still going strong and his name is still being carried forward out there and wish u all the best for the future and would love to mayb pop in on a practice at somepoint and when Hannah-George is a little bit older (able to hold/handle sword and stick) it would be a great hounor if she was taught by the team at her Grandys dojo.

Many many thanks again Chris

Lainybird x

15. lorrainemccoll

To the very lovely person that goes by the name of Sherry Mayo :)

This is Koyo (Sensie Coyles daughter) Lainybird (as he called me) i would love to take this chance to say a massive great big THANK YOU VERY MUCH for donating a very generous sum of money to the "raise for life" web page that i've set up (doing race in memory of our dear father (among other very dear close family members). Your donation is very much appreciated and thank you very much again for ur kind thought and donation.

Wishing u great health and happiness

Lainybird x

16. scm

scm Valued Member

You're welcome lorraine!

17. lorrainemccoll

No Thank U :)

Hi there, thank u so much for ur donation and quick response to my msge.

Take care in all u do and wish u good health

Thanks again
    Lainybird :)

18. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

Sensei Coyle's death was an incentive for me to do well at my regrading for my orange belt test a few weeks ago.

I passed.

Thank you Sensei Coyle, for helping me, both in this world and the next, if it exists. :)

19. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

I've tried to avoid posting in this thread so as not to offend all the people who knew him really well. But I've wanted to say that even though I'd never met him in person, his visits and input over at the Ninjutsu subforum were always a bright moment for me. He seemed like such a positive role model and a very respectable person and martial artist. He's someone I would've liked to at least meet or train with. Anyway, I'll keep it short. It's really great to see he has such nice memorials going on.

All the best to Koyo's family and all of his friends.

Respectfully,

Fu Bag

:bow1:

20. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

Very sorry I couldn't make it, but I'm glad it went well. What did you guys cover?