sensei backgrounds???

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by ziseez, Jan 20, 2004.

1. ziseez

ziseez Valued Member

im hunting for the backgrounds of sensei such as maybe like a family tree or something.if you have any clue of who o sensei first students where and who there students where and so on????

2. surgingshark

surgingshark Valued Member

...which Sensei?

3. Virtuous

Virtuous New Member

a name and a ryu would help immensly... The guys at e-budo are a wealth of knowledge when it comes to this kind of stuff.

4. DexterTCN

DexterTCN New Member

I think he wants them all.

5. ziseez

ziseez Valued Member

yea i just want all of them

6. Virtuous

Virtuous New Member

thats a mighty tall order.

It would be easier to count the grains of sand on the beach

7. ziseez

ziseez Valued Member

hmmmm well i really dont remember my sensei's name all i know is sensei lol his last name is william i think could anyone help me?

8. Virtuous

Virtuous New Member

what area/city?

9. ziseez

ziseez Valued Member

he leaves in alexandria louisiana,but he comes to natchitoes because he has a friend there and teaches.

10. ziseez

ziseez Valued Member

i have found the style of my sensei,it is tomiki so can anyone tell me the lineage there

11. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Its not much to go on. Williams is a pretty common last name, a first name would be very useful in this situation.

12. Virtuous

Virtuous New Member

Shodokan: Also called tomiki Aikido. Was founded by Kenji Tomiki, a student of both Judo (under kano) and Aikido (under Ueshiba). Shodokan is one of the few (or only) Aikido styles that teaches competion. It is a seperate entity from other orgs.

I dont see a dojo listed for louisiana or a williams sensei, maybe they havent updated their site (tomiki.org) in a while.

Here is an email address for the shodokan hombu
    shodokan@nifty.com
    and here is the hombu's website
    http://homepage2.nifty.com/shodokan/en/index.html

if you get sensei williams first name and rank they should be able to confirm his rank.

Hope that helps

13. ziseez

ziseez Valued Member

nm yaw ive fount all about his background now,his name is dakoti or something like that,thanks for all yaw help.