Seloun-Do

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Alexander, Dec 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

And fer cryin out loud - it's TINTED glasses, just as its Qua Erite et Inveninentis...

How many times do I have to get the Latin out to show that it's wrong?

Tainted glasses would be those that are tainted by something.
    Tinted means that they're obscured somewhere.

Quit being a bleeding parrot and come up with your own thoughts.

Oh, I'm sorry - your teacher says "question everything, including me." But is never wrong about anything.

Even XHTML and CSS and media / viral adverising and business growth, which (at first) he admitted he knew nothing about and suddenly became an expert on because he wouldn't listen.

A closed mind is a dead one.

A dead mind is just that...

Find a teacher with an open mind and who cares more about you and your progress than if you've paid your fees on time and what they can get out of you.

"I've got my plans for everyone..."

All AJIMA Students are just "untapped potential" meaning: Not the traditional way, but potential for exploitation.

How many of the teachers there (what is it now, two? Three? And I know that two of the black belts got their grades in under 2 years... It's laughable... Fastracks, eh) are paying their training fees still, ergo - Paying to teach...

It should be the other way around.

It's why a lot of the other instructors, including Darren and Jack (both good friends of mine) left.

Too much demand, too much impatience, too much ego and lack of respect for students.

Except the ones who haven't cottoned on to the game yet.

2. qigong

qigong Valued Member

heya saccade

Yeah both the camping weekend and kings,darren left too has he,i know jack did.im trying to say it in a way so you know who i am but cant think of anything right now,will do though,yeah ive seen black belts who can only do a front kick and not much more lol.how do you PM on this forum.yeah i trained with seloundo at the new centre too,and with you way before all this seloundo started-spectrum,farnham ect.I have stuff i could say to show examples of too higher demand,lack of respect but it would pin point me right out,you would belive the stuff i put up with before enough was enough

3. Alexander

Alexander Possibly insane.

I'm afraid you have to wait until you've posted about 50 times (I think) before PMs becomes available to you.

4. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

Jack's Travelling - hasn't left but has no intention of returning considering.
    Darren's Working hard... He has a life.
    Nick's moved too far away (same distance as me, opposite direction - but I'm stupid...)
    Chris got the wrong end of the stick. Think he's doing other things now.
    Alan was Carl's friend.
    Carl had had enough.
    The Hesters got it.
    Monger too - she still teaches from what I hear and was not sued. Despite what you may have heard.

Ginge went to Norway with the short blonde (I think)
    Iain's too good for this.
    Adrian - bully. No room for two.
    Dan - came back but had put on a LOT of weight...

There's only one "old school" student left, of which I am aware. That's Anthony.

I just hope that he doesn't get the same treatment that everyone else has.
    He has a nice smile and a firm handshake.

Plus he was the only black belt to look me in the eyes. I hope he gets some clinch and CQC and groundwork in. His distance is very, very good.

I really hope he's not the next toy to get thrown out of the barrel.

Alex:
    Not meaning to be rude, but are you Alex the girl who went to Uni?
    Or the one who recently returned and has been "teaching" Taekwondo at Uni?

Or someone else. There have been several Alex's...

I remember students well.
    I just don't remember any Genius' apart from Peter the Mathematics Professor...

Maybe the potential just didn't show in class.

I feel quite bad for the remaining Instructors and Black Belts. They have risen too quickly and it is harming what was, once ("back in the days..."), a good, reputable style with a good chief instructor.

Marie is a good teacher, but he is human and all human's have their faults.

People who have to go out of their way to prove something prove nothing - but their need to prove their limitations.

People who do not accept responsibility for their own actions and are never at fault are devious minds.

People with the Proxemics of a child tied to a table (think of a man trapped in a building... He does not have the power outside so sends others in his stead.), with devious minds and something to prove.

They end up self-proclaimed masters.
    Poor Commanders on external affairs...

What external knowledge such people attain is through others who are prepared to share or from sources such as the 'net or books.

The problem with that is - the type of mind in case - what is believed is believed to be RIGHT and everything else WRONG.
    It is NEVER to be at fault... It is always someone/thing else's.

There is the godlike image to prove.

The image that must be proved to prove that the godlike image has it's limitations.

It is much easier to just be yourself.
    WYSIWYG.

When a person shows you who they really are - that is when you know them.

I now know someone for who they really are and I wish I didn't.

My image of them is shattered and the fragments reflect bitterness, blame, untruth and conflict.

All that is needed in life is truth and it shall be harmony.

In this instance the Truth will prevail.

The police have been very courteous to me. They are coming to see me next Wednesday at 1400. A tad annoying, as it interferes with my entire day, but at least it'll be over with.

I was told this would be my opportunity to counter-claim for the Defamation, Libel and Slander, Webstalking... Along with the opportunity to inform the police of the other reasons why a person would refuse to eCRB check themselves.

But they were told me in confidence and so they shall remain.

Unless there has been irreparable damage to a person loved or yourself, what need is there for revenge?
    And if revenge is to be exacted, it is best to do so immediately.

It's no secret that I used to mind drug dealers.

I've always preferred the taste of warm blood.

5. Alexander

Alexander Possibly insane.

No, last time I checked I was a bloke. Have you got me confused with Alison?

But, yes, I moved up north in 2004 to go to Uni and am pretty much living up there now. I set up the University's TKD club with a friend who initially did the teaching, and I kind of just took over when he left.

Well, I'm aiming high. But at the minute I'm applying for Doctoral study, so there's no chance of me being appointed a professor within the next few years!

Perhaps you're interpreting my signature a little too seriously! :cool:

I like being insanely arrogant because it attracts attention and makes people try and beat me in a debate/arguement. And on the subject of Tae Kwon-Do that is very hard as I do know a colossal ammount about it. Obviously it's not impossible - I don't claim to know everything! - and when someone does prove me wrong I really don't have a problem with admitting it. I like knowing stuff, and since being proved wrong increases my knowledge I'm fine with that.

But, that doesn't happen very often. :evil:

In terms of my practical ability I admit I'm no Yilmaz. About a year and a half ago I had to make a serious of choices about where I wanted my life to go. Quite simply, I valued academic research over practising martial art and so now train nowhere near as much as I once did. Instead I'm sacrificing my time training to go to conferences, seminars and presentations in my chosen fields. Also, when I do get to actually be a student in a martial art class its usually grappling which has become a major passion for me.

I'm still obsessively thinking and researching martial art strategies and tactics though. If they go anywhere then great, but at the minute its too early to tell. Hopefully I should have an answer come next July, and if its interesting I'll certainly start a new thread!

Sorry, I just have no idea what that means. Could you spell it out?

6. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

Getting a doctorate is a good plan Alex.

I thought you may be Alexis...
    It was the Philosophy thing that did it - she went off to do a BSc.

Seems we have something in common then, Alex. Being the person who tends to get the last word in and likes to be the smartarse that will link whatever you're saying to whatever I know most about.

Doctorates in England are a LOT harder than in the US - I've been helping out a few people with their psychology and applied psychotherapy and it really does take this pi$$ out of our educational system.
    Their PhD is the same as a 12 week, hour a week Samaritan's course.

So it seems to me, anyway...

Having the TKD skills pretty much set, it's probably a good idea to move closer in distance to the grappling.
    I'd have to recommend Hapkido to keep the TKD skills up and ensure you get the JiuJitsu and Muay Thai style CQC's.

But, as I said - Acadaemia is a very competitive place. Moreso than the ring.
    If you're committed enough, and I doubt you'd be applying for a PhD if you weren't, make sure you keep your guard up.

Reading your posts (and having Steven Fry QI as a hero - good choice) all I can say is don't let anyone take credit for your works.

It happens a lot and prestige is important when applying for research grants, etc...

Sometimes just having a person's (preferably your own!) in a paper will make the difference between getting what you want or not.

As for Martial Strategy and Tactics - have a read of Hagakure, research the Yagyu clan's fighting styles (including Shinobi and Ninja deployment) and, an essential - Sun's Tzu's "Art of War"...

The book of Five Rings is also a good one, though it's usually in the business sections of bookshops than the Martial areas or sports bits now...

Shame - it tells you how to kill someone with a flower...
    If you read it right...

Possibly a good Thesis starter?

Ah yes - WYSIWYG...

What You See Is What You Get.

TTFN,
    Pete

7. suraj1408

suraj1408 New Member

Thankyou, but not really...

guys, i know u shudnt treat this like MSN or wotever, im sorry :p

errrmmmm...yes, democracy opinion thing:

well done for concouring (or not)... but on the same lines, u really havnt SHED LIGHT on the matter...

im STILL getting an idea that ur trying to SUPERIMPOSE ur feelings into me... Wow...Master Marie sounds really BAAD :eek: ur realy making it seem like he stalks his students, hiding in the shadows and hunts them down wen they r alone (don't get too close or give away any confidences as they're not kept confidential.) But again, this is MY imagination.

and um......im sorry as i sed, im not insanely clever (like you) so i dint get the police thing, i felt like ur saying im working for the MI5 or sumthing... 2 make it clear to the world...IM NOT ATTACKING ANYONE, im neutral man. saying stuff like I WILL USE ANYTHING U SAY AGAINST U makes me feel scared and threatened...im sorry?

the one mat half mat thing...i dint get +ve results on google... i got one MAN half mat... but not one mat...plz clarify i wud really like to empathise on ur behalf here as well, ur making me feel like im a small person trying to lure a much larger prey...coz im NOT :rolleyes:

u told me to stick with master marie and anthony...uh i dont see how i do that...so the rest of th ppl r suckers?

the car thing: lolololol i dint get it, but lolololol
    u hav a sense of humour, although i dont think thats wot u were trying to get at :( sorry

me bring a strict brahmin, i also agree we r all human...
    but...

on a basic level: i think ur being mean to master marie =P

on a higher level: i REALLY dont see how he shows egotastic behaviour or wotevr u called it...

memememe? the point is, sir (as i dont really know u) if im writing something about ME, my friend (i know this is pushing it) im not gonna write KING LEONIDAS 1 OF SPARTA WAS THE MOST ICONIC CHARACTER IN THE HISTORY OF GREECE IN 356AD.....

im gonna write (wow, did u know) about ME :cool:

my other teachers (yes im at school...) all seem to be JUST the same as Master Marie (in terms of ego thing only...)

somtimes wonders back 2 stuff about the past....but dosnt keep going YES I FOUGHT THE BATTLE OF THERMOPYLAE, I KILLED XERXES, YES IM SURE HE DIED!!!! HE MUST HAVE!!!!

which is really sumthing similar to my interpretation of ur comments...

If so many people r favouring "antony" how is he still continuing?
    And plus...rnt public involved? am i living in a cave? or is it just us?

ah yes...polaroids =D......(??? :topic:)

yes the messenger DOES get kicked into pits...

1) IM GLAD im not asking 4 earth and water
    2) IM GLAD THIS AINT SPARTAAAAAAAAA :bang:

master marie dosnt refuse 2 wear glasses...he jus dosnt wear them ALL THE TIME!!!

and about the HISTORY thing: dont the ideas carry on in humanity? rnt principles they set and the thoughts they were founded on carried on?

COUNTER EXAMPLES (MORE):1) illuminati kickback....the government neutralised them...but do they continue to survive in FRONT OF OUR EYES?
    2) holy grail...not so much as bullets...but the legend lives aparrently..
    and lastly three examples of sound proof: Mahatma Gandhi (shot 3 times in the chest) yet almost sixth of the world will stand up to salute him (yes im talking about India),

Martin Luther King (assassinated by a socalled madman, Ray somthing)...yh...that GREY SEA, blacks, whites...i know u werent talking races...but thats being practiced racially...ajima being one of the places (dont claim racism here) and u hav to be INSANE to say his ideas hav been stopped...

lastly...more recent, Benazir Bhutto...was assassinated by extremists (a shockingly terrible and appalling loss for her country)...but her husband rose up and is helping out Pakistan as PM...

8. suraj1408

suraj1408 New Member

and yet again, im sorry 4 treating this like MSN

and plz dont acusse me of being a Web-stalker....

im an individual whos sharing my thoughts...justifying the situation (ok, dont keep going on about this)

who created UNREST in the first place, "Saccade?

9. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

For the "unrest" - Read the thread from the start.

Work on your typing and prose before posting - it's hard to understand what you're saying.

So...
    Like you, I'm stupid am I?

Is self-depreciation a strong characteristic that is taught to you?

No-one has accused you of web-stalking, but there is evidence - your IP address is logged here - that certain persons are monitoring my internet activity regarding my leaving AJIMA.

The previous post is largely incoherent and nonsensical.
    Ergo, I'm going to disregard it as such until you learn to string a sentence together that is worthy of a decent reply.

When I say "Stick with Marie and Anthony" I mean as teachers.

The other black-belts are not worthy of their grade, compared to other black-belts that the school has seen.

If you are who you say you are - do you know the relevence of 14/08? - then, as a child, being at school (an accurate description) you will just have to trust in your elders that there are people in this world who are not who they seem to be.

I will explain the One Mat; Half Mat - Fistful of Rice saying to you before I add you to my ignore list.

One Mat - is all a man needs to sleep on.
    Half Mat - is all a man needs to sit on.
    A Fistful of Rice - is all a man needs to fill his stomach.

Your internet research skills really aren't up to much.

I don't understand what justification is required... Things happen - they create a response.
    No justification needed...

All that is just IS.

The Truth is all that matters.

It is very strange indeed that for someone with such poor internet skills (which children tend not to possess), you are well versed in politics and can cite examples that only an adult would have much interest in, unless said child wanted to be a revolutionary.

Yet find it hard to string a coherent sentence together and overuse smileys.

Think what you like about me or Antonio Marie - this is our last dialogue.

10. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

Just one last thing - Is it "mean" when a person finds themselves in a situation where most men would NOT hit a woman, knowing that is the right thing, yet do it regardless because of deep-rooted childhood resentment issues and a self-proclaimed character complex?

Is that a good role model?

Hypothetically speaking..?

Also - refer to Anthony by his proper name if you have any respect.
    He is a black-belt and your senior.

Give you a clue - it's MR.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  11. StuartA

StuartA Guardian of real TKD :-)

So anyway... whats this thread all about then? :confused:

12. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

ROFL!
    Nice one Stuart.

Seloundo is based upon TKD techniques - it helps a lot with Hapkido, Muay Thai and Boxing.

But...

This thread has more turned out to be about this:

One man and his mission to change the world from his safe haven, using agents to make initial contact with the outside world.

Just like L Ron Hubbard.

13. StuartA

StuartA Guardian of real TKD :-)

Laughter is the cure of all the worlds ills (maybe) :)

Okay.. got that... thanks. Except do you mean it contains elements of hapkido, Muay thai etc?

Lost me here somewhat.. cant tell if its an "outing" type of thread, or a "defence" type thread!!!

Lost me here even more.. whats Ron got to do with it!!!!

Stuart

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  14. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

Seloundo is pretty much TKD with the traditional patterns and stances taken out...
    It contains a lot of Goju Ryu style techniques and there are the Take-downs and (occasional) locks that AJ Marie knows thrown in.

I've found it helpful for Boxing, Muay Thai and Hapkido in the sense that it augments them by removing the traditional elements, such as punching from the hip.

If you mean outing as attacking, I'd have to say that Seloundo is a much more aggressive and active martial art than a passive and defensive one.

Though, at higher levels, Counter attacks (as with all Martial Art) is the preferred option.

The L Ron Hubbard bit was the first analogy I could make to the Creator of the style and the attitude that they've shown recently.

I'll explain more in my next, and last (unless there are questions), in this thread.

15. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

So - I went to see the police regarding the allegations A J Marie has made against me since I quit.

Apparently I was banned from AJIMA (even though I showed the police the email saying I quit).

The allegation was to do with sex and children.

If the allegation stuck (which of course it didn't!) then it would mean it would appear on my eCRB and I would never be able to teach Martial Art to children EVER.

The police have told me that, because I went in voluntarily, that it will not appear on my record - eCRB checks showing EVERYTHING from stop and searches to any notes they have on you as a person.

What annoyed me most about all this is that the first interview was put off due to the police having better things to do.
    I was supposed to be visiting my friend in the Hospice on Wednesday morning.
    I arranged to visit him in the afternoon instead.

That was a big mistake.

I was informed of his death as I was making my way to the police station.
    He died at 1002 on Wednesday from Renal Failure.

If I didn't have to attend that interview, I would've been there to say goodbye - that made me quite angry.
    I was angry with A J Marie at first because of this, but how could anyone have known that this was going to happen?

He is not to blame.

What he is to blame for is wasting my time trying to get me in trouble with the law regarding a SERIOUS offence, ensuring I could never teach again, and lying through his teeth.

I had promised not to say anything defamatory about AJIMA or Seloundo, but during the course of the interview the police told me that I must say certain things.

I regarded A J Marie as a friend and a role-model (despite his dubious past and the fact that he's waiting for the day he can wee over his mother's grave).

That someone I called Master and Friend could do this to me is totally inexcusable.

When I am friends with someone, I will do anything for them - to the best of my ability.
    If they do something that means our relationship is terminated (ie - I QUIT) then that person is out of my life forever.

Gone and forgotten.

Not so for A J Marie. Not only was he content in emailing persons telling them I was an active drug addict and that they should not trust me (including my partner), he is also telling people who I was friendly with at AJIMA that I have been banned for taking drugs.

This and the police allegations and web-stalking has meant that I have nothing further to say about A J Marie, nor AJIMA or Seloundo.

My ties with this "organisation" are cut forever and I am ashamed that I was drawn in by a "cult" type leader who proclaims himself "god in this building" but has no authority outside.

If you are to carry the Martial Way - Carry it wherever you go.

A Martial Artist is a person of Valour, a Master more-so...

But that does not make them "god".

In this instance, a bitter old man who could not accept that he had lost "the best instructor AJIMA would ever see" and the willingness to serve, on any task, and the expertise in areas that the old man did not - most likely will never - possess.

I have my youth and because of that I have made a folly.
    But because I have my youth, I have the chance to steer my maturity in the direction that I want it to.

I am lucky to have met such a person as A J Marie, known him long enough and well enough to know his True Colours.

It means that I have been bitten and, as the old saying goes - "once bitten, twice shy".

It is my own fault - I knew that his persona was one such as it is. Yet I allowed myself to be put into the position that I have been.

There is nothing more to be said - A J Marie's True Colours have been shown and I have severed all ties with AJIMA and Seloundo.

Anyone who is considering Seloundo should remember that, apart from Mr Anthony Downs and A J Marie - the other black belts have not the skill or the confidence to teach.

I can attest to this because I floored the "Master of Discipline" and then broke his Discipline by tapping his head on our second meeting, after he mocked me for my Kihap on the strike after his flooring, so that he forgot his training and became, and fought, as a Caveman.

Let this post stand as the Milestone in AJIMA and Seloundo's history that it is.

One of disgraceful conduct and non-adherence to their own Oath and Tenets.

16. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

That is cobblers!

The Bear.

17. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

OBJECTION!

Prosecution is speculating and is leading the thread Off Topic.

:)

I've always preferred an attack, parry, riposte approach - means you lead them into doing what you want them to do so you can deliver the coup de grace...

The Riposte formation is the perfect Counter Attack, though it must start with an attack (of sorts, be it a feign or actual blow, plot or wordplay, whatever).

Perhaps we both have different ideas about what a Counter Attack is Bear?

Mine is that you draw the enemy into your game by slapping them in the face (attack) and running around the corner (parry) where there's an army of your mates waiting with spiky things...

Riposte!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  18. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

Maybe you thought I meant just stand there and get hit then hit them back.

Geez - give me some credit...

19. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

Oh - I just loaded this page and forgot that Seloundo's AJIMA teacher (their new webpage www.seloundo.co.uk) made allegations against me concerning sex and children.

This is how the head instructor deals with people who quit.

If you're going to do Seloundo - for those of you who have PM'd me - my advice is don't EVER get yourself into a position where Seloundo or AJIMA do not have you in their (ie AJ Marie's) good books.

You'll find yourself at the end of a CID investigation into allegations to do with Sex and Children and, even though the case is closed - if the police weren't so understanding - it would've stayed on my eCRB check and meant I'd have a LOT of trouble finding a job where an eCRB check is required.

That includes teaching Martial Art.

A J Marie "Cannot CRB Check Himself" - that's what he told me, shrugging his shoulders (even though I have and so have many others...) though he claims to be...

Considering his crusade to shut down every teacher with a mark on their Criminal Records Bureaux Check - I'd ask to see HIS before I started training there...

20. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

As this thread has now degenerated into one poster reposting information from further up the same page it is locked.

If anyone has anything new to add and wants it reopening they can PM me.

Mitch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.