Self Help books

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by koolaid, Jul 12, 2007.

1. koolaid

koolaid Valued Member

I use to be "eh" on self help books.

A close mate of mine suggested "feel the fear and do it anyway" - by Susan Jeffers. And while i do admit some of the stuff in the book is very obvious stuff, its still refreshing to read it and actually see it on paper.

I found myself sitting in front of the fire last night in the splits position, patting my dog in front of me while reading feel the fear.It felt so buddhist monk i had to have a small chuckle at it.

Ive also got dare to connect by Susan Jeffers lined up.

What self help books have you read? what are you opinions on them?

2. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

What to say when you talk to yourself by Shad Helmstetter is a great book :)

3. hux

hux ya, whatever.

Mistakes were made(but not by me!)

one of the best books I've ever read. They talk about Bush and Iraq a good bit(only in one chapter), but it's great stuff to apply to life in general as well.

4. Zuarko

Zuarko Valued Member

And what about "Think and grow rich"? Even Bruce Lee read it and found it useful. I haven't read it but I've heard good things about it.

What I read was "The power of positive thinking" by Napoleon Hill (the same author) It was not bad... but I am a little "eh" on self help books. Anyway, is an interesting book (although sometimes it's like it is trying to persuade you to buy the "Think..." book :rolleyes: )

5. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Think and grow rich is a good book Zuarko,give it a read,also secrets of my sucess by tom hopkins and 7 strategies of health,wealth and hapiness is also a good read,ive read that many self help books i cant remember any titles hardly! :)