Sanjaya

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Tiger_ARVN, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Tiger_ARVN

Tiger_ARVN Valued Member

Ok. What do you all think of him?

1) Bad singer?

2) Good singer?

3) Good singer with little stage presence/emotion?

2. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

Just plain bad all around!

3. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

I think he's a nice kid who's being demonized for things that he can't control. I feel really bad for him.

4. Tiger_ARVN

Tiger_ARVN Valued Member

I would not say he is William Hung terrible. But..... when he's up on that stage it doesn't seem he is really showing the talent that he has within.

I mean, man a lot of his performances are missing that..... ZING if you would like to call it. Power? Charisma?

It seems like he is not putting that SOUL into it 100%

5. dturtleman

dturtleman Valued Member

are you kidding me?

this guy has done his very best to out-Diana Ross Diana Ross. Any time that he and Richard Simmons are in a room together, Richard Simmons will by default be the testosterone-drenched stud. he's creepy.

6. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

I think he's got a ton more talent than William Hung. But that's beside the point. He's just a teenager who tried out for American Idol like thousands of other teenagers and through a weird and fluky set of circumstances has people like Howard Stern and the votefortheworst.com (and other similar websites) organizing campaigns to vote for the least talented contestant.

He's not a bad singer, but he clearly is a victim of circumstances and I feel sorry for him. He's reviled completely out of proportion to what he has done and who he is.

7. Brat

Brat Return of the Brat!!!

The kid has made it this far mostly because of his appearance, his age, and the amount of overly-hormonal teenage girls watching the show and voting. He could be a really good singer one day, with some training.. but not until he's had a few lessons.

8. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

video link please... for the love of baby Jesus. :D

9. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

Just remember, you asked for it. :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z9tUs8kTgE"]YouTube[/ame]

10. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

I am so voting for him. Go check out www.votefortheworst.com and you'll see why. If AI picks crappy singers, they deserve to win. I'm not naive... they turned down good singers who didn't make for good reality TV. Welcome to reality tv.

EDIT: Oh, lohan, you got his best worst performance of the season. His cover of "Bathwater" was so deadful even Gwen Stefani, the guest coach for that night could only say "It's a hard song, but he picked it and I wish him luck". She was so visibly irritated it wasn't even funny. And that faux-hawk. God, I love that performance and would love to see that as his first single and video. *sigh*

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  11. Lily

Lily Valued Member

OMG, that is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!! :D You Americans produce some errr...talent :p

12. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

hmm... It really wasn't all that bad. Going by what's on the link.

Frankly speaking I'm sure he could outsing many top pop acts.
    I doubt they spent as much production work on his song as they do on top albums like Madonna or any of the umpteen number of crap boy-bands out there.

He's relatively natural on stage really.
    The clip that was posted reminds me of in so many ways of 80's stuff. Somewhere between Duran Duran and Golden Earring and maybe George Michael.

Jeez... to put this guy on the same level as William Hung is absurd.

err... despite the fact he's very much the queen. :p

13. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

he's not as bad as people say he is.... cmon hes 17 :D
    though his hair is messed up

14. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

For what it's worth, just got done watching it with the family and Sanjaya went last. He was... actually pretty darn good tonight. Smooth. I guess latin ballads suit him.

And he got his hair cut. I'll give it to the kid. He's really trying hard.

15. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

He's awful, dammit! You can't criticize him or you completely invalidate Vote for the Worst and Howard Stern! He sucks so bad he *must* win. :p

16. NewLearner

NewLearner Valued Member

Sanjaya is not the most talented, but he is definitely not anywhere near as bad as people make him out to be.

17. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Yeah, he is, lol. At least I think so. Especially compared to past contestants.

18. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

Haha... if you really want to vote for the worst, you'd vote for Haley. She's bad... and not even all that great looking. Wears short skirts and shorts, though!

19. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

I have voted for Haley already ;)

20. Linguo

Linguo Valued Member

i know he can't help it, but my hate for sanjaya grows each week.