Sai/Gen

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Sub zero, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Sub zero

Sub zero Valued Member

Hello

I am thinkibng about buying some sai/gen so first off anybod have any special recomodations apart from ur average chrome plated job?

Oh. And another thing.I am wanting to practic a gen form from Hung gar (gen is the chinese name for sai). This from is apparently a rare one. Anyway. th only video i coulfd find of it was on www.wle.com (sifu kwong wing lams site http://www.wle.com//products/vhg32.html). Now, i would have to order this from america. Something which if possible i would like to avoid.

So any body know of any good MA VHS sellers in the UKL that could stock it.

Any help would be much apreciated.

Jamie

2. Disciple

Disciple New Member

If you want to start practicing sai as a weapon, I would recommendd the average crome plated or the black ones. they are not too expensive and they are alot safer than some other ones.

3. Shaolin Dragon

Shaolin Dragon Born again martial artist

Make sure that you get a pair which are the right size for you - check out the thread on sizing weapons.

4. quartermaster

quartermaster Cat-like, stretchy guy

gen, eh?
    i've known my sifu to refer to them as "dit jek"
    he speaks cantonese

5. Shaolin Dragon

Shaolin Dragon Born again martial artist

Could be the difference between mandarin and cantonese, or simply another name.

6. quartermaster

quartermaster Cat-like, stretchy guy

i expect so, i have never laid eyes on a chinese sai video, to answer the question, but it's not hard to find a karate based one