Sad news.. Ralph Reynolds Sensei

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by Dave Humm, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Dave Humm

Dave Humm Serving Queen and Country

Dear all,

I hope that everyone here will join me in expressing their deepest respects and condolences to the family, students and friends of Ralph Reynolds Sensei - Principal Instructor of the Aikido Fellowship of GB.

Reynolds sensei sadly passed away late last week.

For those who may not be aware, Reynolds sensei was a student of Kenshiro Abbe in the 1950's, he was a pioneer of both Aikido in the United Kingdom but specifically in the Midlands area.

Reynolds Sensei is one of only a few Englishmen to hold Aikido certification signed and issued by the Founder of Aikido.

Although my personal contact with Reynolds Sensei was brief, I realised he was a gentleman and an Aikidoka to the core and a dedicated Principal.

On behalf of my own dojo, to students, friends and family of Reynolds Sensei, I extend our condolences and respects.

Further information can be obtained from the Fellowship's website http://www.aikidofellowship.org.uk/

Kind regards

2. Mr Punch

Mr Punch Homicidal puppet

Thanks for the message Dave.

Although in latter days the aikido in the UK has become entangled with far too much politics, Ralph had very very good aikido in his day.

Without him, I wouldn't have had so much to learn from my sensei, and I probably wouldn't be in Japan today.

RIP.

A lot of people in many aikido organisations will miss his influence.