Ryukyu Kempo Stances

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by United We Fall, Jun 1, 2007.

1. United We Fall

United We Fall New Member

I was wondering why is it at the dojo I attend: Why do we only use in the dojo here were I live the forward fighting stance with our fists near the top of our eyebrows? We do learn other stances; however we only use them during a grapple as to inflict more pain upon the opponent instead of when striking or kicking?

2. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

I am thinking you are talking about the defense of the fighter Winky Wright.
    You are sort of hunched and the elbows are protecting your body and the hands are high enough to protect your face and head.

Left foot slightly forward (if right handed) right foot forward (if left handed)
    Your stance (feet should be about a shoulders width apart, different than the exagerated stance of karate schools (shotokan).

If that is the case they/you are doing what Choki Motobu recommended years ago. Much different than Kenpo Karate also. That is sort of a give away, some schools who talk about their style yet when observing, it is different than what they actually do.

Did you see the fight between Liddell and Jackson? You are similar to Jackson?

3. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

Your hand position sounds like the beginner boxer guard...or at least that's the one i was taught.

4. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

Holy crap Gary. I was thinking the exact same thing you were.....man that's scary.

5. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

:D

Hey that is good, still hope.

;)