:Roundhouse Kick Southpaw:

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Wilson, May 30, 2006.

1. Wilson

Wilson Valued Member

Hey everyone, Im a southpaw and I am really having trouble with my inside thigh kicks. Everytime I spar with somone I end up kicking them in the balls, this really gets me mad. But what gets me even madder is that I do awsome with bag work and kicking drills people usually compliment me on my kicking but when i spar I just kick people in the balls for some reason. It seems i cant get into their thigh I usually skim their pants with my foot, switch stances becuase I dont want to kick them in the balls, or accidentally kick them in the balls. Could somone give me some advice on how to stop this.

2. kmguy8

kmguy8 Not Sin Binned

aim lower
    you'd get to kick me in the nads once.. maybe twice
    after that you'd be sparing alone
    seriously, aim lower..
    you are kicking and rising too high...
    so while it might feel wrong.. try aiming at the knee.. you'll probably get eh innner thigh
    if you've been doing lots of bag work your muscle mechanics probably are used to kicking to high
    and bags don't bitch about gettin nailed in the nads
    fighters do

3. dexxl

dexxl New Member

and the other guy loved every minute of it.... :woo:

4. KageAkuma

KageAkuma Valued Member

.....Wow. First time I've seen someone complaining about "I keep kicking them in the nuts! Darnit."

5. Khun Kao

Khun Kao Valued Member

Sorry, but LOFL!!!! That's one of the funniest things I've read on the interweb in weeks!!!!

[/humor]

In all seriousness, you're probably stepping in towards your opponent too much as you kick during sparring. During drills when you're more relaxed and not all hyped up on adrenalin, you're probably maintaining the proper distance. But when you spar, you're getting excited and stepping in too deeply towards your opponent when you kick which screws your targetting all up.

I had something similar happen to me in a title fight, except my opponent kept screwing my aim up because he was trying to step in on me whenever I would kick. I kanked him in the nuts a good 3-4 times. The referee actually warned him about it since he was the one doing it.

(well, he actually warned BOTH of us)

6. pablo147

pablo147 Valued Member

Have someone kick you in the balls to see how it feels. After that, I'm sure you will find a way to stop kicking them in the balls. No man should have to feel such pain...

7. Wilson

Wilson Valued Member

glad to know i brought some humor to this forum.

8. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

YOU....im gonna kill you.....some jerk at my gym keeps kicking me in the balls

well obviously your range or aim is off....find a person at your gym and get together on your off day (day you dont train)

have him stand in his stance and slowly just LAY your kick exaxtly were you want it to land.
    do this for a round
    speed up next three rounds...just kinda lay it ...if you nail him he will want to quite soon

now that your doing it to speed have him move around a bit...kinda slow
    next round
    now have him spead up

now add a little power until you guys want to quit

(also it probable better if you guys trade off shots....so he gets ome work too)

9. Wilson

Wilson Valued Member

sounds like a good idea

10. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

that or just get used to kicking people in the balls

eh ther not your balls