Roadtoad's theory on Kote gaeshi

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by Dean Winchester, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roadtoad

roadtoad Valued Member

See how you reverse everything? The knife thing was 1963, Osensei throwing me was 1966.

2. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Was the knife wielder drunk and armed with a rubber knife?

Because you being inexperienced and unarmed against a knife attacker who manages around 30 goes at you generally shouldn't result in you simply "walking away with no clear winner".

What injuries did you receive?

Who else witnessed the altercation?

Was there Police involvement?

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Point taken.

You are still saying you survived being stabbed at 30 times.

Are you accusing me (us) of racism?

I am talking technique, not race.

4. Dean Winchester

Actually Roadtoad is demonstrating his prejudice in that comment about Europeans, I'd say if anything his comments are the ones bordering on racism.

If he keeps it up I'd hope the mods would take action.

5. Dean Winchester

Roadtoad,

In an effort to take you seriously I'm going to ask you about some of the arts you've listed in your bio as having studied.

You list Ninjutsu and Jujutsu.

Which style of Jujutsu did you study?

Who did you study Ninjutsu with?

Please answer these. They will not breach your wish for a degree of anonymity and you answering in an honest fashion would do a lot towards people here taking you seriously, instead of think of you as the deluded troll that I'm sure many here do.

Mods,

I've asked this because time and time again roadtoad's responses have caused some disbelief during a thread. I hope this will go towards rectifying that.

6. embra

embra Valued Member

RoadToad,

What differences are there between Aikido and FMA regarding knife disarms?

Lets keep it simple, and deal with a single straight stomach height thrust in both cases.

7. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Accepted. A great deal of what he says is hard to believe, with the latest two being (1) claiming to start escrima in 2005 without knowing that it's very easy for non-filipinos to get escrima/kali instruction; (2) not knowing what "MA" is. It would be very nice indeed to get some consistent and verifiable facts on the table.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  8. embra

embra Valued Member

RoadToad,

You quote TaiChi and Pa Kua. OK what family lineages? Any differences or similarities in either of these with Aikido?

9. roadtoad

roadtoad Valued Member

fma wants you to use aikido. They know what you're going to do, and are ready for you. They'll use your techniques against you.
    Also, as a rule, fma does not want you to go up against a weapon unless you have a weapon.
    One super duper technique that many have missed, when you are attacked with a knife, and you have no knife:
    Take your shoes off your feet, and put them on your hands. Procede from there.

10. embra

embra Valued Member

what 2 principles separate Aikido from FMA for unarmed knife defence?

what differences are there in footwork?

11. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

LMAO! "yes please hold on Mr bad man wielding a knife. I need to take my shoes off before I can fight you". :bang:

12. Simon

Ah yes, the art of shoe do. Deadly in the right hands (feet).

"Hold on mate, I've just got to undo my laces, won't be long". "Damn, a knot, nearly there". "

FMA - Stick, blade, knife, pangamut, dumog, limb destruction etc. It is not all weapons.

13. Simon

Fixed that for you.

14. roadtoad

roadtoad Valued Member

You forgot hsing i , that and pa kua of wong of ta chung. tai chi from zhang manching.
    Oh, and aikimac, again you misquote me. I knew, only from years before that its hard to get knife instruction out of filipinos. I have a guy my age, that wouldn't show me anything, but, after 10-15 years, finally would. I don't get out much, I don't know what the rest of the world is doing, or has been doing lately.
    I guess that's obvious, huh?
    Don't any of you guys have slightly silly grandfathers?
    And as far as not knowing what 'MA' means, well, ask the next 71 year old guy you pass on the street, 'What does MA mean?' Please report your findings.

15. Shinkei

Shinkei Valued Member

Ok size 9 D M's on my hands, as an Aikidoka how am I going to apply the subject of this thread kote gaeshi. Was it Ueshiba, Tomiki or maybe you forgot Shioda when you met him that showed you shoejutsu.
    Sorry as an aikidoka of 36 years I don't know if I can take much more of this.

16. embra

embra Valued Member

Simon has given you one strong pointer:- guess what it aint shoedo.

17. roadtoad

roadtoad Valued Member

o.k. mr. aikiwolfe, what is your technique against someone with a knife?

18. Simon

You first.

A straight thrust to the chest or stomach. Knife fighter has the knife in his right hand.
    The grip is heaven grip (blade facing up or away from the holder).

19. roadtoad

roadtoad Valued Member

o.k., mr. shenkei, don't you remember that we were talking about filipino martial arts?
    You assign thoughts to me that I never mentioned.
    In other words, it has nothing to do with aikido. If you actually read my post, plus the ones that led up to it, you'd understand that.

20. roadtoad

roadtoad Valued Member

What do you mean, 'me first'....you're already denigrating my idea, so I've already been first, so now its your turn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.