Right tool for the job

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Patrick Bateman, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Banned Banned

After the thread about what knives people carry, i was thinking what would be the perfect blade for the job you do, whether its legal or not?

For me being a cop i would choose a bali, for a few reasons. The fact its a folder, but when open is one of the most secure non fixed blade knives, for use in cutting seat belts, suicide nooses and whatever presents its self need to be cut, not people i hasten to add. Also the fact it can be used closed, for exammple the breaking of car windows ets, also for some restraint techniques.

Obviously me living in good old blighty i can't own one, illegal here you know!! So what would you like to carry for work and the reasons for doing so?

2. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

I have a desk job, but I'll throw this out: When I moved, and I was unpacking my stuff from cardboard boxes, I found that my Spyderco's "spyder edge" ripped through those boxes like they were melted butter.

3. sercuerdasfight

sercuerdasfight Valued Member

you can't carry knives in england?

4. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

Fopr me the right tool for the job would be something that is metal and sharp for cutting things. .......LIke seat belts and boxes :D

not locking blades or anything over 3 inches i beleive

Last edited: Oct 8, 2003
  5. #1 Stutta

#1 Stutta The New Boot

best knife for the job would a butterfly knife not l-longer than six inches (its illegal longer than th-that). only b/c they come out quick and i h-have been practicing. dont know about all ya'll.

Da Stud

6. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

well as much as I keep hearing about how fast balis and such open my mini tact folder opens alomst instantly but its made of such poor steal that it dont hold an edge and hence mostly useless for anything that needs cutting great for stabbing. So I carry a variety of small knives that keep better edges but dont open one handed.