Reviewing a Product

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Pretty In Pink, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I'm reviewing a product for a big MMA website. What do you lot look for in a review?

So far my list includes:

Unboxing video
    Quick tutorial
    Ease of use/instructions
    Comparison to similar items
    Final overview/Some critique

Anything else? It's going to be part film and part written.

Mushroom, axelb and Travess like this.
  2. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

I think in a consumers market, value for money (as opposed to cost) would be high on my list of priorities, when viewing items online. The same goes for durability, especially when it comes to training equipment, but I do not think that that is something that can be assessed when first reviewing a product.

Travess

axelb and Pretty In Pink like this.
  3. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

if it's wearable, then how it fits, and if it feels different on other people of a similar size. Probably harder to review what just one product.

I think your list would cover the main review points. :)

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

My mate does unboxing and reviewing of figure (game/film/comics).

They do all their stuff in 1 shot, so they go quite slow and even discuss how the packaging is etc.
    - individual packaging of plastic
    - how well protected the product is (if relevant)

But edited videos are also good, as you can do "a scene" again, ie if you fluff up your lines. Especially if you're new to it.

Can I suggest that maybe do a practice run. With something you already got. Use a item that's similar with what you are going to review.

That way, you can sort out your lighting, the camera angle. So when you're reviewing the actual product, the movement of you handling the good seems more natural as you work the item in front of the camera and you're not doing a whole..
    "Oh wait, lemme move this, this way...no wait..." etc.

Pretty In Pink likes this.