Report on Recreational Violence weekend, 2008

Discussion in 'Western Martial Arts' started by lklawson, Jun 9, 2008.

1. lklawson

lklawson Valued Member

Well, a good time was had by all. Classes were a great success and it was a lot of fun. The instructors all did an great job.

I think I managed to get video of all of the classes, most of which will be made available to the general public (at the descretion of the individual instructor).

Tenative plans are forming to set the "official" date for the Rec. Violence weekends as the first weekend after Memorial Day.

Well, I'll offer more details or individual reviews of classes as requested. So if there's any particular class that you'd like more information on what was presented or how it was developed, let me know.

Peace favor your sword,

Kirk

2. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

can you post the vids?

The Bear.

3. lklawson

lklawson Valued Member

I can post some of it, others not.

Randal has asked that the Jogo do Pau video be only offered to seminar participants. Bob, equally, asked that vids of his Fiore Wrestling and Longsword classes be offered only to seminar particpants.

I think that Ken said to go ahead and post his "Fun with Shillelaghs" class online.

Essentially, the reason that I take video is so that I can send copies to the instructors. They don't get paid anything, it's 100% volunteer instruction and offering videos of the classes to them is my way of saying "Thank you." It's not like getting paid but, on the other hand, getting video footage of 8 to 12 different classes is sometimes more desirable than money.

For any videos that I "sell" of the classes, I pass on 100% of the proffit to the instructor who taught. Sometimes they sell well and sometimes not. (I have far more vids archived that I just have never had the chance to properly turn into DVDs - which is a constant source of frustration for me... I feel like I'm cheating the instructors).

I'm not sure if Randal will allow his Shashqa class for general distribution or not but I'm hoping he will.

I'm undecided on whether or not to offer footage of my "Banned from Boxing" class. The battery konked out on the last few minutes of the class and it was the first time I taught the material at a seminar (as opposed to in regular class) so I'm not sure I'm satisfied with how it worked out.

For the others, I expect they'll be "made available" in the same way that the classes for previous years has.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

4. kenpfrenger

kenpfrenger sportin' a Broughton

Absolutely, fun with shillelaghs can go online either doen by you or made avaialbe somehow to me and I can edit and put it up at google perhaps.