Repercussions of Self Defence

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Melanie, Feb 27, 2002.

1. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Best method is to have the fight over with and be back home by the time the police arrive.

2. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Hahaha - best tactic I've heard yet!

Melanie

3. Mike O'Leary

Mike O'Leary Valued Member

Actually best tactic.... is not be there when the fight starts.... One of the things that martial arts teaches is avoidance of the fight at all costs... training will give you the confidence to talk longer.... react less from fear...... and all that philosophical mumbo stuff.....

Acceptabel Levels of force.. are laws that Peace officers, and citizens must live by........ be aware of them....

Dont be so quick to be insulted.... words wash off......... if your attacked... talk as long as you can.... keep the attacker at bay... I actually convinced an assailant to throw his knife into the tall grass...once..... I kept working on his ego... "Your a real tough guy.. you need a knife to beat me.... " .... he kept threatening and i just kept the chatter up..... I still got my nose broken... but he only landed one punch..... I landed the rest....

If you are using your art in your profession..... ie: bouncer, police, prison guard... then you know... fighting means paperwork.... I once avoided a fight.. when my response was... "sheesh.. this is gonna be alot of paper work here" .... I gave him the impression I was more bothered with the amount of paper work I was going to have to submit.. than the actual confrontation I was about to have...... He gave up.. without a struggle.....

As my sensei once said..... in the beginning... many people train to defend them selves... later they tend to continue training for fitness and eventually they train to learn how to get along with others.....

Mike

4. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Wise words indeed!