Renzo Gracie: real life Rocky

Discussion in 'MMA' started by icefield, Jul 28, 2018.

1. icefield

icefield Valued Member

51 years of ago, must be a multi millionaire and one of the most successful bjj coaches out there...and decides to come out of retirement and fight MMA...oh and win!

Easily my favourite of the family

axelb and Hannibal like this.
  2. icefield

icefield Valued Member

and the actual fight

axelb likes this.
  3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Yassss. Was pretty awesome.

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Always fought like the devil and had the most “complete” style for MMA out of the clan

Was so happy to see this result

5. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Never argued about rules just fought, and from what I can tell held anything back from his students.

Produced some of the best grapplers and mma fighters in the world and always has a smile on his face.

And spent years quietly training law enforcement officers at his home free of charge, always liked that about him

Hannibal and axelb like this.
  6. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

That first round did my head in. It was like watching a .GIF for too long. What was up with Yuki Kondo?

step-step-short half speed jab to nothing-step-step-step-short half speed jab to nothing-step-step-step-short half speed jab to nothing-step-half speed leg kick-step-step-short half speed jab to nothing-step-step-step-short half speed jab to nothing-step-step-step-short half speed jab to nothing-step-half speed leg kick...

Gave me a headache, it was like his circuit board was fried and he got stuck in a loop.

7. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

I missed it live, glad to see this on the YouTube channel.

Yuki looked very (unsurprisingly) hesitant to commit.

Good outcome and finish :)

8. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

Loved that. Just waited, picked the right moment, and pulled that interesting the body lock grapvining the legs.

axelb likes this.
  9. Dunc

Dunc Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

This is really inspiring!

I also find Renzo's instructionals to be very helpful - he keeps things very simple and effective

axelb likes this.