Remember the Legend of Master X?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by master x, Jul 5, 2022.

1. master x

master x New Member

My username is after him but I am wondering if you guys remember the mid-2000s of the legendary Master X?

2. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

No, actually I have never heard of the legendary Master X...and welcome to RF

master x likes this.
  3. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Welcome to MAP.

Can't say I am familiar with master x, maybe add some intro about them :)

master x likes this.
  4. master x

master x New Member

Thanks and the legendary Master X was a story that happened in mid-2000s when MMA became extremely popular. Few stories happened, one was a strange story about a poster that went to Master X training session. The eccentric front desk lady introduced the poster to Master X. Afterwards, he was in front of the mirror, working on strange forms and stances.

Afterwards Master X got challenged by MMA fighters who were trying to expose fake martial artists. Master X accepted the challenge and held his own. Using evasion and counters, got taken down but used devastating palm strikes from the bottom position to do damage to the MMA fighter. All and all, Master X held his own and did pretty darn good and did not get beat. He was supposed to be a Kung Fu guy but he ran in a martial arts place that was referred to as dojo/dojang/kowloon. So I guess he was a mix of traditional martial arts with emphasis on Kung Fu.

Story was then called a hoax. But I don't know if it was a hoax or if it was because these MMA guys were trying to save face since the idea was that MMA could easily destroy traditional martial artists.

5. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Just looked up Master X and it came back as a multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) video game developed and published by NCsoft.

So it appears its a video game

6. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

When are they making the movie and will it star the 1st TC "master" who got clocked by Xu?

Can't wait!