Relaxation

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Tiger, Jun 18, 2003.

1. Tiger

Tiger New Member

Sometimes, in sprite of the instructor always yelling at you to relax,
    it seems like you never can. Many students just can't grasp this principle

until they are very advanced, and somtimes even
    black belt leval is not enough to fully grasp this.

Obviously this has implications
    in your everday life as well.:Alien: :confused: :cry:

Which is the best way to allways have patience?

2. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

When I need to relax I do some Tai Chi.

3. Tiger

Tiger New Member

Tai chi is somthing i would
    really would like to learn somtime.

:cool:

4. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Dunno, I've always found that screaming at the top of my voice at people to get them to relax works perfectly.

Speak in a calm voice to them, get them to stop what they're doing, take a few breaths, and start over, pretty much common sense. Shouting at people to relax is rarely going to help until they know how to consciously untense.

5. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

We do controlled breathing and hand movements after a stressful workout. I find it very calming, it also gets my breathing back to normal when I'm puffed out.

I have photo's/description somewhere here in a book, I'll see if I can dig them out and scan them for you.

6. paul paterson

paul paterson Valued Member

I know what you are talking about here K_g and it works.

While standing close your eyes and drop slightly, bend the knees. Hands by your side nice and relaxed, breath in and raise your arms and push out at shoulder height, at the same time breath out, then drop them slowly with the same speed as your breath. Repeat 4 to 5 times.
    Now, put your arms out as if your grabing the air in front of you, your finger (pinkies) should almost touch. As you do this breath in. Your hands should be coming to the solar plex. Now push down and breath out again same speed as the breath. Rotate palms out so that they face out in front of you when you finish.
    Repeat 4 to 5 times.

After doing your exercises and your finding it hard to breath and stay upright. Doing this exercise will help bring your breathing back down to it normal speed and you will feel refreshed and ready to go again. This is a form of Tai-Chi and it does work, sometimes you feel a warmth and tingling in the fingers, this is the chi flowing...

Paul Paterson.

7. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

.... sounds very similar to the "Sun & Moon" Chi Kung i've been practicing for a while now.