real training

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by L0ST 5OUL, Oct 3, 2003.

1. Kof_Andy

Kof_Andy New Member

Is really hard to get that kind of training. Unless you find a real master thats willing to accept you as a pupil, and not as a paying student. What I recommend is find a decent master out there, and start bonding with them. Then perhaps he will take you in like a son, and start teaching you 100% to pass on his knowledge. Teacher student relation is really important, and often students are wondering why there not being taugh anything from there master. :D Anyway back to your shaolin question, it is pretty dam hard for a foreigner to learn real shaolin kung fu. One for all shaolin monk dont speak english, or dont speak well enough for you to understand fully. Those that do speak english well, are shaolin businessman. They go and learn english, and teach you a form of modified shaolin fist. So I wouldnt bother to look into that unless you can speak mandarian.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2003
  2. Jeff Burger

Jeff Burger Valued Member

The monks are fake.

Jeff

3. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Fake what Jeff?

4. Sub zero

Sub zero Valued Member

I think that what they teach is only a shadow ofwhat shaolin use to be about.
    But i thnk there moves are still effective and good for health aswell.

5. Jeff Burger

They are just fake plain and simple...they are not monks.

They are just Kung Fu / Wushu guys paid to play the role.

Jeff

6. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Get's MY vote.

They are VERY skillful.

They are good athletes.

That's where I stop though.

7. cioGium

cioGium New Member

If you want no ballsh@t trainig at a reasonoble price you should check http://www.lannamuaythai.com/ .It is a muay-thay camp in Thailand where you can train 8 h- very demanding 8 h as i fould out. You can also seek for a job there so you can support yourself while training. I will go there next summer for 3 months. Hope to meet you there!

p.s. if you are really interested you should check this site too www.muaythayland.com - it is a site with lots of useful information about the camp.

p.p.s. i hope the moderators won't think i'm advertising because i am not.

8. Jeff Burger

I can help anyone go to Thailand to train at either he World Muay Thai Council headquarters in Patumthani (very near aiport) or with Sangtien Noi (trained several champions including Australia's John Wayne Parr)

Jeff

9. L0ST 5OUL

L0ST 5OUL New Member

looks like i have a lot more research to do...thanks for the replies! they were helpful.

10. atlien

atlien New Member

YODA, YOU HAVE MORE THAN 6000 POSTS ON THIS FORUM. YOU ARE THE ONE THAT NEEDS TO GET A LIFE!

11. tai-gip

tai-gip New Member

yes Jeff the ones we see are fake but there are real ones

the best training is done anywhere with the right mental outlook you get out what you put in and no one can blame the school they attend for there level of skill

And as Andy said you would have to be lucky enough to find an instructor willing to have you as a puple otherwise its all pretty much the same hence my previous comment about mental outlook if you want more you will get more as the saying goes when the student is ready the teacher will appear:)

12. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

And most of those posts were spent verbally slapping people who type in all caps and insult him.

13. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Nah, they all starved years ago.

Yep, have to agree. You are most definitely full of it.

Love, freedom, truth, justice and the American way?

Not quite the same thing as learning what we'd call martial arts, but at least you get paid for it.

Cool, so by ignoring the goal completely I can learn faster than anyone?

14. atlien

atlien New Member

Well, if he is gonna dish it then he better to be able to take it.