REAL muggers and real self-defence....

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by KIWEST, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I think a lot was down to being able to carry one and claim it was a work tool if stopped.

Mitch

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Quadrant Park used to have mutters like that in it. Just freakin' out the kids high on E. That was Bootle for you

3. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

I don't know why but I tended to get on OK with the real hard men who more than once supported me in standing against the nutters.

As you say crazy world.

4. Moi

They have nothing to prove & often don't need the attention of the police on their patch. The big boys like to be invisible to everyone except other criminals. Keep the status quo and everyone is happy

5. koyo

One time a car stopped next to me and I guy says "are you Coyle..I got something for you!!!" It was a "samurai sword" (spanish version)

I am thinking this is gonna be the fight of my life when he hands it to me and drives off!!!!

Crazy days.

6. KIWEST

KIWEST Revalued Mapper

You have to wonder what the sword might have been used for before it was so generously donated!

7. koyo

Yep and he had put an edge on it himself. Never even saw him again!!

8. unknown-KJN

unknown-KJN Banned Banned

I getcha. Like a bank heist also being called a bank job. But a bank job for a thief is somewhat different than a bank job for a teller or a loan officer. :p

If the law of the land were to become overly oppressive, rising up in revolt would be considered a righteous thing to do. Basically, what's decent or moral depends on societal views, as you would easily get arrested if walking down the street exercising the same *clothing optional* rights that might be acceptable in a nudist colony. But I feel that deep down, people know what's right and what's wrong, unless they are pathologically disturbed, which would throw off their moral compass. ;)

I'm confused. When you say "he sold drugs" do you mean he was a dope dealer or that he got a job as a salesman for a pharmaceutical company? (the latter often get cars as they need to visit ALL the doctors in their 'territory')

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  9. koyo

Oh man!! It is a different world. Possil one of the places I worked doctors would not answer a call out because often it was so the junkies would mug him for his bag.

10. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

A sword is too expensive — however cheap. It's history is also easier to trace. Now an iron bar — greased for three-quarters of its length — is a different story.

11. Moi

No he's a baby-faced gangster toting a handgun and driving a BMW. Can you see the attraction to a 17 year old (he'll be 18 now) with little chance of a job?

12. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

I used to work for a security company who provided drivers and security men for an agency who sent doctors on call out. The driver would sit in the van to protect it and the security guy would go up to the house with the doctor. It was actually one of the most stressful jobs I have ever done. All the money was coming out the NHS trust budgets and could have been used for better things if it wasn't for the thieving junky bar stewards..

13. koyo

Different world from the fantasy land of "What technique should I use in Da Street?"

14. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

This shows how a succession of politicians — of all parties — have, in the last 30 years or so, sold all our industries down the river. This has resulted in many people in various parts of this country to grow up without hope and without knowing any other way, but crime, to 'earn' their way in life.

We complain about exploitation of workers, and cheap labour, in some foreign countries. We also complain about human rights abuses in places like China — but pick up any item of goods in the shops nowadays, look at the label (or whatever), and see where it came from...

15. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

Anyway, this is how it's done:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_vvI26NnwE"]YouTube- LIVING COLOUR - Jim Carey-Karate Instructor[/ame]

16. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Even in the worst "schemes""sites" or "estates" there are people who would never contemplate a crime and would give you a hand up if you were down. You are right in what you say but some people have good character enough to keep their heads up after all that.

They are the ones who need a chance, some of the junkies would have been thieves and con artists even in a time of full employment, some not all.

17. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

Thanks adouglasmhor, and apologies if anyone thought I was tarring anyone with the same brush if they do not happen to enjoy full- or even part-time employment. That certainly was not my intention.

I'm also sure that there was only the briefest periods of time, between and for a few years after WWI and WWII perhaps, when everyone respected one another, etc., whether in work or not. A time when people could go out and leave their doors open without fear of some low-life coming in and walking off with their stuff.

In Victorian times, street crime was rife. It's just sad to recognise that we seem to be heading back in the same direction, without even a set of Stocks, an old-fashioned Gaol, or a Gibbet to rely on!

18. Moi

In fairness that's a brush I deserved to be tarred with. I come from quite a privalidged background, good school and a pretty decent upbringing.
    I did what I did for fun, the buzz, because I could. Never really made any serious money from crime but that was never the point. It was because I knew I shouldn't I guess, don't really know. Rebel without a clue!
    Not many like me but everyone, unless starving, has a choice, maybe not much of one in some places but still a choice

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  19. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

My research and past involvement, crime does not neccesarily have to be commited by poverished people.

20. SeongIn

SeongIn Banned Banned

People who commit crimes are criminals by their own choice. They are not victims. They must take responsibility for their actions. It is not the fault of society, the government, their neighborhood, limited opportunity, etc. Each person always has a choice to make and it does not help anyone to rationalize such behavior.