Razgriz /TKD/Personal Fitness

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Razgriz, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Razgriz

Razgriz Valued Member

getting there..

Saturday was a 10k run, 46 mins.
    Sunday was a rest day.

This morning (0430) 3k on the bike for a warm up.

3*25 ab raises? Don’t know the correct name. Lying on the back sit-up position, put your arms parallel on top of your knees raising up with abs wrists over the top of the knees.

4*8 Clean and press- 30KG

2*10 Pike to press up on the TRX suspension leads.

3*10 Upper body lifts? Again not good with the names. It’s a apparatus that you rest your lower body half in, lock the feet in at the bottom, and raise and lower all the way down from your waist up.

3*15+1*25 Seated Abdominal Crunches, with weight. 30KG

3*1 Min Plank+1 Min Left and right side plank.

Followed by a protein shake, 1 hour later, 3 poached eggs + Green tea (Dragon well)

Oats +Natural Yoghurt@1000

Lunch TBD

This evening is Abs, trying to isolate to give my shoulder a rest, my right shoulder still hurts after to much strain. Can’t wait to get swimming again when back in the UK.
    ---Raz

Current supps- PHD Diet Whey, Abbutural to help deal with water retention,Omega 3 and Multi Vitamins.

2. Razgriz

Razgriz Valued Member

Still cranking it out in the gym, had a pretty explosive back and bi's session last night. Mixing in some hellcentric reps. Which are a mind f..... - on the last 2 reps have someone push down or up depending on the movement your doing. Its massively physiological but the effects are not.

I was at the end of my preacher curl sets (20kg+bar) and my training partner was "pushing" on the bar as I was coming up, and it was emotional. He was barely touching it but my arms were bulging and new veins were appearing as I struggled.

When I return from the mid east, Im moving down south Basingstoke area, and will looking to get back into TaeKwon Do. Though a black belt, im sorely tempted to start as a white belt again. Mainly because my training has been so fractured with different clubs and org's due to different locations of working.

Or I might look at a different style all together, will wait and see.

3. Razgriz

Razgriz Valued Member

Yesterday in the gym 20/30/20 Cycling,Rowing,Running low intensity to flush out lactic acid from the previous day.

Last night was Chest and Triceps.

Started with Bench Press 3*8 60kg

Incline Bench Press 3*8 40K

Dumbell Pullover 3*8 20kg

Decline Dumbell Press 3*8 18kg

Triceps were

Cable Pull Downs3*12 20kg

Single Arm Pull downs 3*8 17.5kg

Tricep Dips 3*6

My body is aching this morning, I joined Gym Jones last night spending a lot of my recovery time digesting as much info from that gold mine of a site as I could.

In about a month or so, I'm heading back home to my parents place, for Christmas etc. There are no gyms close by so I'll be utilising the gym jones no gear workout. This should be great for adding some functional fitness.

Still have a lot of work to do. My current plan is to add a lot of muscle over this next month before I am back home. Were maintaining a high protein diet is going to be slightly more difficult to. With that I plan to be swimming a lot. So I can afford to add some not so functional muscle in the mean time.

4. Razgriz

Razgriz Valued Member

Today was a leg day. Went into the gym with a god awful headache, managed to push through it./

5 minute jog @11.5
    2*10 Wall Squats
    2*5 Goblet Squat 12kg
    5*5 Single Leg Squats

-
    100 deadlifts at 50% RM, I assumed my RM was 70kg, but after the first 40 or so at 35kg I added a bit more weight bringing it to a 50kg lift for the remaining 60 lifts.

10 Strict Pull to push ups

3*20 Leg press @100
    3*15 Leg Press @90
    3*10 Leg Press @110

5K slow cycle to cool down

5. Razgriz

Razgriz Valued Member

Today was 30 Minute Cycling and running each then 10 minutes on the rower, low pace just recovering from yesterday.

Tomorrow is

2x5 Wall Squat
    2x10 Squat
    2x5 Goblet Squat @ 25#
    Then:

Clean + Front Squat + Hang Clean:
    One Triplet every 30 seconds for 10 minutes
    i.e. 20 total triplets, use 75# - 135#

Then:
    10x Pull-up + 20x KB Swing @ 53# + 30x Box Jump @ 24" Box + 40x Push-up + 50x Sit-up + 60x Burpee + 10x Pull-ups
    Then:
    4x (30sec Work/30sec “Rest”) Push Press @ 2 x 25# DB.

“Rest” in OH Position. Aim for 25 reps per round.
    Then:
    3x10 Straight Leg Deadlift @ 95-135#
    Then:
    5x2 SLDL @ 95-135# (2 each side)

6. Razgriz

Razgriz Valued Member

Today was done as planned. I woke up a bit later missing breakfast, so an orange and a pre workout drink were required. Not a good substitue but better than not having anything at all.

The Squats were done as expected. The Clean + Front Squat + Hang Clean: were carried out using 30kg I could of carried more but it was my first time doing this work out so it was still enough to build a sweat up but not enough to wreck myself.

Then ther was--

10x Pull-up + 20x KB Swing @ 53# + 30x Box Jump @ 24" Box + 40x Push-up + 50x Sit-up + 60x Burpee + 10x Pull-ups
    Then:
    4x (30sec Work/30sec “Rest”) Push Press @ 2 x 25# DB.

I smahed the pull ups out, did them strict as well. KB Swing was carried out with a 20KG KB. First time doing these enjoyed them but by this point I was starting to feel it.

Box Jumps were an effort, I did them in 2*15 efforts. The press ups were 2*20.
    Sits ups 2*25 , with about 10 seconds in between. And the Pull Ups were done in 2 groups of 5. At this point everything was get sore, and becoming limited burts.

The push press, I managed 4 sets but without about 10 instead of the 25. Im still carrying a slight shoulder injury but it is 10x better than before.

Then:
    3x10 Straight Leg Deadlift @ 95-135#

This was done with 60KG. In retrospect I should of used 70kg, but I was worried about form.

I didn't do the Single leg version, I'll be getting a demo on these later this week.

Raz

7. Razgriz

Razgriz Valued Member

Todays workout was,
    2x5 Wall Squat
    2x10 Squat
    2x5 Goblet Squat
    Then:
    Six Way BB Complex:

6x Deadlift + 6x Bent-over Row (back parallel to floor) + 6x Hang Clean +
    6x Front Squat + 6x Push Press + 6x Back Squat + 6x Push-up

I had to drop the bar after the first 3, to keep enough strength for holding the bar above for the Front Squat. In theory I could of just dropped the weight but I felt this was more beneficial.

40kg was used in total. For the first set I used 35kg.

I then Worked Up to 80% 1RM Deadlift which was 90KG.

Then:
    5x3 Deadlift @ 80% 1RM

Rest 3-4 minutes between sets. When I looked at this workout I originally felt that rest period was to long so I just started again when comfortable. Mostly at the 2 minute point.

Then:

1000m Row For Time
    This was done in 3:55. Not a great time.

Tomorrow is a cardio day, I plan 60 minutes of rowing. Fun rowing......... this will require me to get up for breakfast. I finish work around midnight local, with breakfast being served untill 8am , so I have no reason for not going.

Im happy overall were this programme is heading. All though its quite lower body intensive (at the moment anyway) with all the deadlifting. I do like the movement itself.

My traps are coming across nicely, as the weeks go on I will focus more on arms. Though image is important , for a lot of us. Surely working towards an objective or to posses the ability to achieve a certain lift, or feat of physicallity is more important?

Especially within martial arts, I see no point in going to the gym for 2 months or so doing something like GVT, and putting on size but gaining no extra ability.

Just my rants..
    So for tomorrow an hour of rowing.

12KM maybe?

8. Razgriz

Razgriz Valued Member

12k rowed today in 1 hour, relaxed. Stretching out yesterdays work out.

Felt quite good afterwards, tomorrows workout has not really been decided according to the programme it will be 10 min gentle run followed by a 3 mile hard sprint for a PR. Though I really fancy doing some weights will see..

I'm also learning to avoid dream stealers. I read about these types of people in a book recently and didn't genuinly notice how you can be surrounded by them. Not only will they try to put you down from achieving them but they will inform others who have it in for you. In order to arm them against you.
    People who have failed in their lives, now getting older seek to ruin the ambition of others.
    Not always the case, I know many people to the contrary but there you go, dream stealers do exist.

So lesson learned, fingers burned. Should of kept to my own maxim/creed, that I wrote on the personal creed thread.

Trust no one, ever.

Raz

9. Razgriz

Razgriz Valued Member

Been really bad not updating this... dam 17 days. Well main features have been pull ups, dead lifts. One cardio day out of 5. Some forced days off due to the job.

Back in today

2x12 Front Raise @ 2 x 12.5kg
    2x12 Lateral Raise @ 2 x 12.5kg
    Then:
    3x (1-6) Pull-up Ladder
    3x (1-6) Dip Ladder

Bench Press :
    7x Chest To Mid Extension +
    7x Mid Extension to Full +
    7x Full Range
    Sets @ 60kg, 75,kg ,kg 70,kg

Massive focus on diet at the moment, I want to get to 10% BF, for vanity reasons, if I;am honest.
    Then focus on building functional size and strength.

Raz

10. Razgriz

Razgriz Valued Member

In the gym at 4am this morning, fasted state.

5 minutes on the bike

1-6 Chin Up ladder , 3 sets last one at the end of the work out/
    3*6 Bicep Curl 14KG
    5*5 Hammer Curls 13kg
    3*8Dead Lift 60Kg

Trying early AM fasted weight lifting, heard good things about it. Sessions no more than 40 minutes taking amino acids pre workout.

I have a chest session later on this evening.

Raz

11. Razgriz

Razgriz Valued Member

On the way back home in the next 24 hours can't wait.