Rare CDs Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by watto86, Mar 11, 2006.

1. watto86

watto86 Nah brah I'm not gone

Recently I've been looking for some hard to come by albums, and wondered how many other people out there have encountered the same problems with bands that have broken up long ago, albums that aren't published often, little known underground bands, or just a mixture of any of those.
    * Have you ever wanted a rare or hard to find CD?
    *If so, did you ever find it? Mention sources if you know them (web address, shop addresses, etc).

I've found a few rare metal titles on Moribund Records

I thought of this thread so that all MAPers can have a list of shops to check out to find CDs they've had trouble finding, and any style of music would definately add.

Good luck guys
    -watto

2. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I've got quite a few rare CDs from a lot of different bands. Depending on the genre, the places I usually find them are
    Ebay
    Groovetemple
    Moribund
    Ressurection Records - this place is a goldmine for goth and industrial music and is WELL worth the visit if you're ever in Camden
    Black & Read was a great store in Denver that I bought loads of stuff from before they closed down their webstore (I believe the store itself is still running though)
    Gemm is a really great resource too, has loads of stuff from pretty much any genre. Chances are, if it's out there, you can get it here
    Metropolis is pretty cool too
    Amazon's "New and Used" section is surprisingly solid too. You can find a lot of stuff that's rarer than unicorn crap there - be prepared to pay through the nose for some of it though (if you go this route, remember to go via the "Support MAP" link)

3. watto86

4. Martial Alex

Martial Alex Valued Member

someone find me a CD called enRAGEd please, its a bunch of remixes of rage against the machine songs, and was released for a free a couple of years ago on the net but i can't find anywhere to download it from

5. watto86

lol. Try looking on some of the sites that are provided so far. :p

6. Sever

Sever Valued Member

And a whole three seconds worth of Googling later....
    Ta-daa :Angel:

7. cdnronin

cdnronin Valued Member

what is this"Google" you speak of? :cool:

8. watto86

Just buying a CD from Forever Underground right now. I'll let you know how it goes and whether or not they're worth buying through.