Random Attack Caught on CCTV

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by inthespirit, May 31, 2006.

1. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Randomly came across this CCTV footage [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssng_XCvqtk"]YouTube[/ame], then checked out the news story for it http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/5017966.stm. Absolutely senseless violence resulting in the death of a young man. Not really sure why I’m posting this, but I guess if this influences you to train more and/or be more aware then something has been gained from this pointless attack. :mad:

2. philp

philp New Member

That saddens and angers me so much. Can't say anything but why and really WTF is going on when stuff like this happens ALL the time. :(

3. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

"Sullivan and Onokah, both painters and decorators, were cleared of murder but convicted of wounding with intent and causing grievous bodily harm."

What the hell? If I've understood this right these jerks, who look as though they attacked for no good reason whatsoever, are probably going to get away with a fairly light sentence when really they should be going down for murder?

4. xen

xen insanity by design

you stab someone in the heart, without warning or provocation, they die.

can someone explain how this doesn't qualify as murder?

5. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Yep.. pretty screwed up anyway you look at it. Disturbingly there has been a rise in knife crime in the UK as of late too. Such BS sentencing is not a very harsh deterrent to the kids that are usually involved with knife crime.

6. philp

philp New Member

I think it came down to the fact that the youngster (17?) was the one who carried out the fatal stabbing and the other two were just attackers/accomplises.

IMO they should all be spending a long long time inside, but they won't :(

Last edited: May 31, 2006
  7. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

It did. The kid who stabbed the guy in the heart pleaded guilty and got convicted for murder. The other two lowlifes were basically accomplices.

Read the article again.

8. jimmytofu

jimmytofu A majority of one

This disgusts me. Am I missing something here? It would appear from the CCTV clip that the attack is premeditated, unprovoked and brutal.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that a stab to the chest is potentially fatal. They should be permanently removed from the streets... or perhaps we should all carry knives and wear anti-stab vests, just in case some idiots decide to have a laugh.

Damn, I'm riled!

9. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

What I find most disturbing is why the hell would anyone chose to randomly stab someone else.. what the hell is wrong with these lads.. what has society done to make them behave in such a messed up way.. :confused:

10. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Society hasn't 'done' anything. They are basically just evil people.

I wonder what their parents are like?

11. Sankaku-jime

Sankaku-jime Banned Banned

agreed, no excuses no one to blaim but themselves

12. xen

xen insanity by design

my mistake :eek:

13. [T][K][D]

[T][K][D] Valued Member

makes you wonder what you can do to defend our selves..i mean we all cant carry around glocks and knives right?...

14. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Just guessing, but I figure the more knife crime there is, the more their will be, exactly for the reason you mentioned [T][K][D]. I figure when people read stuff like this, they take measure to defend themselves by carrying weapons, which in turn fuels more knife crime. A self perpetuating cycle I guess.

15. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

Lets see how the legal system plays out.... but dont hold your breath for anything in terms of justice IMO.

16. prowla

prowla Valued Member

Jesus!
    There was no call for that whatsoever.
    I guess the message is don't hang about in exposed areas, and be alert all the time.
    Hope they rot in hell!

17. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

3 guys walking my way in my city.... last thing i'd be doing is sitting chatting with my back to them.

without this branching out into a 'streetwise' thread, there are too many dumb thugs out there with a liking for fighting people they know they can beat.

18. ryanTKD

ryanTKD New Member

When I first saw it, the guys that were on camera were the ones I thought were going to be attacked- they just look like normal people, like students, just having a laugh. Another thing I don't get is that the attack did not have a build up or even any sign of a cause, the two attacked didn't even look at their attackers, I could understand it more if they were prevoked.

Stupid Labout government.

19. Damnit! I demand they spend 20 hours in community service and pay £30 compensation!

Unfortunately the law is nowhere near as harsh as that.
    -
    Yeah seriously though. There is this guy I want to beat senseless. I might as well just actually do it for all that would get done.... :rolleyes:

20. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

And prize for non-sequitor of the week goes to....

ryanTKD! Woop! Woop!

Mitch