Qinggong

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by blackmantis, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Mad Ahab

Mad Ahab Valued Member

hmm... there is definitely a moment when your weight is resting on one leg, no matter what you do: if you imagine yourself with one foot over a pack of eggs, as you try to bring the other foot over another pack of eggs, your weight will be resting solely on one leg...

2. Orangeseger

Orangeseger YouTube =/= Training

If this really is a lost art form, maybe we should try to bring it back. It could open up a new golden age... a renaissance of the MA in which the world relearns the ancient wisdom of the masters... :)

...or we get stuck with a bunch of 14 year olds jumping out of third story windows because they practiced "Google gong" for an hour. :rolleyes:

3. Wuming

Wuming Bored

4. Taoquan

Taoquan Valued Member

Depends on the type of stepping you are referring to, you can slide step w/o ever transferring all of your weight to one leg. Review your vids and see if this is what they do.

5. Orangeseger

Think of lemmings...only with Ninjers...

6. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

:confused:
    W-h-a-t???????? :confused:

7. Orangeseger

Lemmings...small furry animals known for leaping off of cliffs...and instead of them, ninja-kids doing this off the cliffs.

8. pakuazhangkid

pakuazhangkid New Member

Pa Kua Zhang or any other kind of internal martial arts uses qigong. Qigong requiers fluid motion to build up the Qi. It's done very relaxed and slow, but not to slow and not to fast. Also, alot of foucus is put into qigong exercises. Remember Qi follow eyes. In Jiu Zhang (Shaking Palms) exercise, you stare at the back of your plams as you punch forward. Though you may be hiting soft, that softness spreads through the oppnents body along with the qi. This will cause a lot of damage. So basicly qigong is important to learn if your going to also learn an internal martial arts.

Qigong is also great for health.:cool:

9. blackmantis

blackmantis Valued Member

This discussion is about Qinggong not Qigong. I myself practise various forms of Qigong including standing post postures, Louhan Qigong and the famous Baduanjin set.

Qinggong, as has been discussed, does include several Qigong methods, but also includes extremely strenuous tendon exercises.

10. pakuazhangkid

pakuazhangkid New Member

I know I maid a mistake excuse it. I realized after I posted. Sorry.

11. blackmantis

blackmantis Valued Member

No worries man!

The only bits of basic Qinggong I've done were in Yin Fu Baguazhang and emphasized the use of the Kwa extensively.

S

12. chof

chof Valued Member

qigong is based on meditation and reverse breathing, building the diaphram in the dantian under your belly button, basicly you want to move the energy through your body, try this for starters, get into a horse stance, breath in through your nose, suck in your lower stomach, now breath out slowly, imagine the energy coming up through your chest as you tighten your stomach, through your throat and out your mouth, still imagining that the chi , is coming out of your mouth and in to a sphere and at the bottom of the sphere, imagine that is the dantian, do this about twenty minutes a day, this is skin breathing, after a while you will begin to feel transparent, this is the first phase later we go to grand circulation, keep it up it doesnt happen over night, chof the master

13. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

First, this thread has nothing to do with QiGong, per se. It is about Qinggong.

Secondly, for the second time, Qigong is not based on meditation and reverse breathing. They are simply a small part of a comprehensive system.

14. chof

chof Valued Member

you know nothing, just like everyone else, you know, what ive noticed is anytime someone that has more knowlege, always gets shot down, why is that jealousy, if your ignorant you should keep your mouth closed

15. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Personal attacks are against MAPs TOS....posters can be banned.

Repeat, this thread is about Qinggong if your backlash is due to confusion, try googling it.:cool:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008