Professor Chow Memorial in Hawaii

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by dianhsuhe, Feb 4, 2007.

1. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Gm Kuoha's group is pretty tight knit. They even have serial numbers for their yellow belt certificates (WOW). If they say this guy is a yellow belt, then YES, I'm convinced that it's true. If your son was impressed by a yellow belt, well.....whatever.

You've only told me to go to ONE location that I can remember. Something about Juchnik teaching on the beach or something like that. So I don't know what you mean by "Many", but who cares? I try to follow the example of my instructor and go to the source for info. When I do, I usually get some good information and I know that it is first hand. GM Kuoha represents first hand info on who is certified through Kara Ho, that should end the discussion for you, but you imply that that answer is problematic because the guy is too old to be a yellow belt (sort of how you stated that Leoning must have been a black belt when he came to the Main Land because he was in his thirties) even though you admit to only being a white belt in your 60's. So your line of reasoning is off on this one.

2. dianhsuhe

dianhsuhe Co-Founder: Glow-Do

?

Gary- Do you have any further questions I may be able to help you with? I thought the info. I posted was pretty clear-cut.

Also, you are correct that Kara-Ho was not at the recent "memorial" we have been working for 2+ years on our own memorial for Professor Chow. Please see the thread in the events section I posted about our memorial coming up.

Regards,
    james

3. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Hi James, I would like to discuss it more if you don't mind. I would rather do it in an e-mail fashion if that would be ok. Clear cut it may be.

Gm Emil Bautista and GM Joe Davis mentioned John Leoning was sent to the mainland and that A Reyes took over his class when he left. Then he and a few others were sent to the mainland also. See, it is not all so clear cut. Some say they came on their own, while others speak different.

James,
    This man (Vernon Kam) is professing in an open arena that he is an 8th Dan and giving out cards to claim the same. Comes to a dinner of the man who was supposed to be his teacher. The man being William Chow, not Kara Ho as in your association. I was asking if you knew him. What you have mentioned is interesting.

He is pretty old as I mentioned. I am not trying to cause a problem, as Dan is doing. I am trying to find out if he was a student of Chow's.

Now Dan is saying Chow kept great records? OK... :rolleyes: Kara Ho might have great records but what I have heard about the Professer is, that was not a top priority of his, keeping good records.

So maybe you can show me something on e-mail to counter that or not. I will make a copy of his card and show it to you on e-mail.

Will you get back to me in that venue?

Regards,
    Gary

4. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Dan,
    You are clearly looking for trouble. This particular thing is not of your concern. You are getting into something that will not go away, ever. OK... ;)

Gary

5. dianhsuhe

dianhsuhe Co-Founder: Glow-Do

email counter?

Yes he apparently was a "student" of Professor Chow but held no official rank past white belt. (As I mentioned in my original response, Gary) He then started up again in 1998 as a WHITE BELT and made Advanced White belt (half white half yellow).

Seems clear to me- It is also worth mentioning that Kwai Sun Company has a letter from Patsy Chow which indicates who trained with Professor and for how long-

I sent you a PM with my personal email address.

I hope I was of some service to you-

james

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  6. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Huh? What won't go away ever? And, furthermore, why should I care if it doesn't? (Whatever "it" is).

7. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Thanks for the information James, any more about this, I will do it via e-mail.
    Edit. I contacted you via e-mail and I am satisfied, and feel the topic is over.

Thanks,
    Gary

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  8. Sifu Sin Bin

Sifu Sin Bin New Member

This man vernon, told me he was only with Chow a short while and he made no claim to me to be an 8th degree. I saw him show one technique and it was obvious that he was nothing more than a beginner.

9. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

I'm sure he knows whom he can convince of that story and whom he can't. You would have to be able to recognize a begginer technique from an advanced one. If you can't, he'd probably tell you he was 8th degree.

10. Sifu Sin Bin

Sifu Sin Bin New Member

Yes, but what do I know, I am just a beginner.

11. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Well this seems to be a non-issue, at least with Gary. So I'm sure all his inquires will be answered appropriately by dianhsuhe, if they aren't already.

12. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Thank you for your input. He showed a card and mentioned who and when he worked out with and mentioned Frank Chow as being a teacher also. ( I have actually started another thread about Frank Chow and his expertise).

This was over a nice friendly dinner table, my son talked to him, I did also very nice humble man. He had 2 other people with him. I saw the card and my son asked me to check up on it and get back to him (he dosen't do much forum stuff).

My son has been in the arts since he was 14 then went into the army for 4.5 years got out a Sgt. hooked up with Sensei Pat Kelly and Hanshi Bruce Juchnik in 1991 right after he got out of the service and the trouble with Iraq was over (first one). He was in the Artillary Division, that did the number on the Republican Guard. He was sitting in Fort Sill waiting for his release, when it started so he rode the war out in comfort. LOL...

He is a black belt in Kosho and a 4th degree in Eskrima with Estalilla Kabaron.

Dan I can get you in contact with my son if you want to tell this thought pattern to him face to face, he would like that. I have mentioned it with him.
    He like I, enjoy meeting all these mouthy people. But maybe you are just a keyboard commando since you never go where you are invited.

Gary

13. Sifu Sin Bin

Sifu Sin Bin New Member

I know Kosho, I cut one down the other day in my back yard :cool:

14. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

What ever that means, I guess it is a slight. Fine, try cutting the one down I mention. :D

Gary

15. Sifu Sin Bin

Sifu Sin Bin New Member

I now know how much you know about Kosho. :rolleyes:

And what is the one you mention. Please don't hurt me, I am just a skinny little white boy :cry:

16. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Hey in light of recent events here on MAP, if you two cannot keep any of the conversation civil, I advise you to place each other on your respective 'ignore' list. I'm sure you all won't miss each others posts as it seems to be an on-going issue from forum to forum. This thread is about Professor Chow's upcoming memorial in Hawaii by the Kara-Ho Kempo Organization, so keep it on topic.

17. Sifu Sin Bin

Sifu Sin Bin New Member

I am sorry, I am new here so I don't know what these recent events on MAP are. and I thought I was being civil. I have no history with BGile.

18. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Well if you ment a pine tree then I'll recant.

Yes pacificshore you are correct one of the reason's I started the thread on Frank Chow.

Sorry for the regress. But Dan is the guy who is mouthy and not one word is mentioned to him, must be because he is Johns student. :confused:

Gary

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  19. Sifu Sin Bin

Sifu Sin Bin New Member

Yes I meant Pine tree and no I was not being mouthy, Who is John? and Dan?

20. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Negative, I've had more than enough words with you and Dan via PM regarding this sort of thing. So don't feel like I've singled you out cause that is not the case.