Problems burning cds in Windows Media Player 11

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by murphy81, Dec 4, 2006.

1. murphy81

murphy81 GM COMPUTER SERVICES

I have been trying to burn a few cds in WMP 11, but when I use a CD-R, WMP recognises it as a data disc, and copies the tracks to it, as data, and NOT audio, which obviously doesnt play with most stereos.

How can I change this back to audio files, so I can use them on standard CD players?

This has only recently happened, since I upgraded from WMP11 beta, to the full version. Before this, I could burn cds no problem.

2. Durkhrod Chogori

Durkhrod Chogori Valued Member

Why don't you use CDBurner XP Pro?

It's free.

3. murphy81

Ive started using Nero instead, which so far seems pretty easy to along with, and is definetely better than WMP in terms of burning and copying. Will give CDBurner a look too though, have heard good things about that :) Cheers DC

4. Blevunly

Blevunly Valued Member

Hey, thanks for making this thread, I was having the same problem. But now I got it working, so thanks.

5. murphy81

How did you get it working?! Just for future reference really, as I am now using Nero Express, which is so much better

6. Blevunly

Blevunly Valued Member

Sorry, I think I said that a little misleading. I meant to say I solved the cd burning problem by switching to Nero too.

7. murphy81

OK, no problems. I am really happy with Nero though, cant believe that I didnt find it sooner

8. Roual

Roual Eternally curious...

Try this, see if it works.

In WMP 11, click on 'Burn' and you should see a small down arrow under the button. Click on that and it should give you the option to change from a data CD to a music CD.

9. murphy81

And it was that easy :eek:

Its always the simple things that make the mind boggle :D Thanks for that

10. Roual

Roual Eternally curious...

Not a problem, been acting as tech support so much recently, it's becoming kind of automatic :)