pride gloves

Discussion in 'MMA' started by westsideBB, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Attached Files:

2. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

They look very similar to the official pride ones, But not the same :)

3. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Bump due to new information :Angel:
    Kakuto-Store, a Japanese company that ships to the US and to Europe has the official Pride gloves on sale. Too bad the price is on the wrong side of absolutely bloody extortionate or I'd consider buying a pair to go with my lovely new Inspirit shorts :cry:

4. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

how much is that in US Money

5. Sever

Sever Valued Member

The site's got a currency switch on the top left. US is $236.15 plus I daresay a fair bit for postage and import tax. In real money we're talking £132.71 for them :eek: and here I thought Fairtex gloves were pricey

6. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

BLLLAAAAADY HELL

132 quid? I'm so happy I got friends who live in Brazil. Got my new hunter gloves for £20

7. SCP_Kensei

SCP_Kensei www.taintedlover.com

To be honest i'm not impressed with the poride gloves at all, i'd much rather go for some Rogues:

I have the shin guards and they really are the Doggy's Whatsits. The special comemorative edition of the rogue gloves (in white) are really cool too.

MLsports sell the Rogue gear and their service is incredible. http://www.mlsports.co.uk

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2005
  8. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

Which Fairtex gloves do you have are they the red and black ones

9. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I'm quite content with the Rogue gloves as well; i've no problems with them, they've not let me down yet.

10. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Valued Member

£132!!!! Shame I can't swear on this site!!!

The Rogues are great (and so are MLSports) White ones are especially good as they show up the blood! :Angel:

Personally I don't like the fairtex MMA gloves, they look pretty but the padding is too thin (which is probably why the UFC will want to use them...)

11. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I have the old black & white thumbless NHB fight gloves. I've not tried the newer ones which the UFC will be switching to, but the padding on the ones I've got is spot on IMO - no one I've sparred with them has had any complaints about them, which can't be said for Harbingers (those things HURT)

Attached Files:

12. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

i can whole heartedly recomend the alsgym harbinger clones. they are the dogs. they were reviewed on sfuk.net and recieved 8/10 and cost £30 plus delivery. mine have lasted for best part of a year now.

13. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

Are thumbless gloves really better than gloves with thumb?

14. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

which type of fairtex gloves would the ufc be using?

15. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Probably either these ones or these as they're the newer ranges (most likely the latter as they're the brand new ones)
    I think the question of thumbs on your gloves is entirely down to personal preference. I like having my thumb free because I train with a gi and I find my grip's better on it with my thumb out than in gloves with the thumb covered

16. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

The Pride Gloves are thumbless right.
    Yea thumbless gloves are better their more comfortable.

17. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Yes, the Pride gloves are thumbless

18. Fightgear

Fightgear New Member

Guys
    We are having Pride gloves imported from the factory where they were originally made. They will be around £45-50 per pair. We are also having our own design of gloves made which look spectacular.... more news as we get it.

19. Sever

Sever Valued Member

£45?! Now that's more like it :D