Posting

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Andy Murray, Mar 3, 2002.

1. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Just a suggestion, and this is probably only for the short term. The site is expanding rapidly, and I sometimes find myself missing interesting posts, as they have had a few inane replies tacked on before I can read them.

This is not a problem now, but as the site goes on, we could lose a bit of interest, as browsers have to sift thru garbage to find interesting stuff.

Can you delete meaningless posts? This one perhaps?:cry:

2. Cooler

Cooler Keepin The Peace Supporter

Hi Andy,

Good suggestion but difficult to enforce, you see my problem is I don't want to go down the line of deciding what is a relevant post and what is not.

I mean we have all posted a meaningless comment in a section at one point or another. If the topic starts to get lost completely then I will step in or one of the moderators will use there discretion and get things moving again.

Cooler.

3. waya

waya Valued Member

Isn't there a way through using the regular reply button to subscribe to a post? I think I saw that on there. That way you could at least follow a specific thread you like.

Rob

4. Ghostsuit

Ghostsuit Designer

Yes at the bottom of a thread is a button/link for you to subscribe to a thread. If you then go into your User CP you can call up a list of the threads you have subscribed to.

As for deleteing irrelevant posts as cooler says this is a hard one. Whats relevant to me might not be relevant to someone else. The main difficulty we need to try doing is keeping a subject on topic. We will do our best to keep thinks in the right section so if someone starts talking about a movie in the TKD section then we will probably move it to the movies section unless there is a good reason it's in the TKD section.