(poll)itf or wtf

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Justin, Aug 4, 2003.

?

(poll)what do you do

Poll closed Aug 11, 2003.
  1. itf

10 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. wtf

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. other

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. both

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Justin

Justin ITF-Taekwondo

i was wonder what type of tkd do you do

2. craigwarren

craigwarren Valued Member

what would fit into other?

3. Justin

Justin ITF-Taekwondo

i dont know but someone said that there was a global tkd federation

4. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

I am ranked in WTF but our school does both ITF and WTF... we learn both sets of forms and such, but usually practice sparring under WTF rules (as that's the only available tournaments around) but do open sparring up to ITF rulkes and "no rules"sometimes.

It makes it nice because we get quite a few ITF people coming in as well as WTF people (we are set up on a college campus)

We are now part of the Independent Taekwondo Association (ITA) (through GM Pelligrini of the Combat Hapkido group)... they offer ranking through ITA (much cheaper), ITF, and WTF.

5. djhallib

djhallib Guest

I do WTF taekwondo, because that is the only tkd we have here in Iceland.
    If I had the choice, I would go for WTF anyway, because of the Sparring rules.

6. Helm

Helm New Member

I chose WTF because of the Taekwondo schools i looked at (WTF and ITF) there was one with a great teacher who was really talented, so i chose that one.

Insidentially its WTF, and i agree....the sparring kicks ass :D

7. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

ITF.
    -TkdWarrior-

8. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

I chose ITF because of the Taekwondo schools i looked at (ITF and WTF) there was one with a great teacher who was really talented, so i chose that one.

Insidentially its ITF, and....the sparring kicks ass :D :D :D :D

Look out Bulgaria(Euro's next year) toshis lighter and ready to put some foot to head!

9. booksie_girl

booksie_girl Lucy the Terrible

ITF patterns, but WTF affiliated. I voted ITF though.

10. Helm

Helm New Member

JINX!!!! :D

11. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

;)

12. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

I am with the ITU. we study the ITF forms.

13. kurapica

kurapica New Member

i think thier is benifits to both but i gotta go with ITF for usage of hands and head shots

14. hwarang

hwarang Guest

wtf

most people think wtf tkd is all about competition sparring for points, but the style i do here (hwarangdo) has a lot of self defence, and weapons training in it - maybe it's because my instructor was an instructor of the korean navy secret security that we do these techniques...

15. Terry Matthes

Terry Matthes New Member

What is the point of either federation?

16. alcapone

alcapone New Member

WTF gets my vote, but never trained in an ITF association so it's impossible to make an educated decision on something I know nothing about!!!!!

But, a question, if an ITF student and a WTF student sparred together, who would win (assuming they're the same kup/belt)???? Would this depend on their association/style, training or the person? I think it'll depend on the person and their master/training, therefore does it really make any difference which stlye you do......TKD is TKD, we all do side kicks, turning kicks/roundhouse kicks, front push kicks......it's all the same really!!!!

17. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

I train/teach WTF.

WTF is the dominant style in my area.

why is the poll closed? I didn't have a chance to vote :woo:

18. alcapone

alcapone New Member

Me neither, it's obviously fixed, the pole was stopped before WTF became the higher percentage!!!! No fair!!!!!! Typical ITF cheats!!! ;o)

P.S. I was not being serious with that comment, it was a joke, please don't take offence all you ITF fanatics!!! Thought I'd better add that, I know how touchy some of you can be.. ;o)

19. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

My guess is because the poll was started in April!!!

Go figure! :D

20. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

in April??? no kidding??? didn't know that. haven't seen it before. but then again why couldn't it have been closed a bit later??? is there a rule, i don't know of, saying that it had to be closed now??

Go figure! :D