Political Forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by StorDuff, Jul 3, 2004.

1. StorDuff

StorDuff adamantium

Dunno if this has been brought up before, but perhaps a forum devoted to discussion of politics/current events :eek:

2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

I wonder how long before the thread gets locked! :rolleyes:

3. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

at the moment we just use the Off Topic forum, for the main reason of there being only a handful of Political threads. the staff can probably give you more reasons than i can be bothered to type :)

and John> not long methinks ;)

4. StorDuff

StorDuff adamantium

Yeah, give it a whole forum so it won't ne becessary for it to be locked :eek:

5. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

I don't really see this as being needed myself since off topic covers many subjects whcih could be non MA subjects which could claim their own forum

6. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

well said. that is why WW is a Topic Moderator :)

7. booksie_girl

booksie_girl Lucy the Terrible

Threads aren't locked just because they aren't in the right forum. Anything that is locked in the Off Topic Section would have been locked even if it was in it's own Political (or other) forum. The same rules still apply, and political threads seem to end in insults and rather upset members.

8. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Most start that way as well. :(

9. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I don't think a forum with a whole column of shiny padlocks down the left hand side of it will be much use to anyone.

I'd be up for banning discussions on politics altogther. They nearly always end in flames and tears.

My grandfather once told me, "In polite conversation, never discuss religion or politics". Wise words methinks...