Please have a look at the clip

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by herbert, Nov 2, 2007.

1. herbert

herbert Valued Member

2. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Actually, it's not impressive at all. It's bullcrap. That would never work in any kind of fight, self defense situation, or competition. Practicing that will only lead to three things:

1. Lining of the instructors pockets.
    2. Bolstering the instructors shoddy ego.
    3. Lots of wasted time.

3. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Very impressive.....if you are impressionable and susceptible to *da real magic* TM.

Will people who have no practical experience of IMA please stop posting this type of egocentrical master-gullible student rubbish.?

:saz:

4. herbert

herbert Valued Member

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Carys...

You bit. Hook line and sinker my dear! :D :D

I found that clip on the web and thought rather than just slagging it off as I normall do, i'd post it giving the impression than I have some connection to these people.

Please read my original post and see if you can feel the subtle sarcasm oozing out of it. :rolleyes:

5. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

6. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Umm...

1. given your age away there... :p
    2. Congratulations, by spamming you are now able to pm people :D
    3. I figured you were either deluded (yes...they are on energeticsart) or having a laugh. Either way..it is getting boring.

There must be some sensible yet provocative clips out there we can discuss?

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

Hopefully!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  7. herbert

herbert Valued Member

Dont' be too P!ssed at me. I'm sorry. :Angel:

I would like you to look at the following clip though.

As you will see, with the slightest flick to the wrist the subject can be thrown 20 feet across the floor and be forced to be some very impressive tumbling.

http://www.thechiclinic.co.uk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/dscf0466.avi

If only I was in their area, I could learn this "Magic".

As for serious clips, there are very few about. Most genuine IMA / QiGong teachers won't put there stuff up for viewing.

I don't know what you practice, so I don't know what you would enjoy seeing.

8. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Um, I had some stuff up, I'll see if it's still there. If not I can't put it back up, as my computors hard drive died.... :woo:

DOH!! :D

Its in my profile :p

9. herbert

herbert Valued Member

Martial Arts Style:
    cma

That's all your profile says. :confused:

I've just found a clip of me from years back doing 24 step Taijiquan.
    I want to put it up, but it's really bad and you'll just laugh.

Seriously though, the two clips i've posted, I only found today.
    Both are shockingly bad, but people still put them on their sites.

There is an interesting Xing Yi one from a Master I know.
    Very fast, and not really to my liking, but still impressive stuff.

10. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

LOL!! This being the IMA forum, it's all I've ever needed up til now!! :D

Yang style TaiJiQuan/ Chen Man Ching (sp?) Short Form/ Wild Goose. Plus some other bits and bobs!

I can't speak for anyone else on this forum (obviously) but I would never riddicule or laugh at anyone elses TaijiQuan. I will have an opinion of course, but would not pass comment unless specifically asked. I would then only talk about the positive aspects unless given the go ahead to speak frankly. (usually through pm's or email :D )

Yes, sadly there are a lot of loonies out there who buy into 'MasterWorship', it is almost like a cult, imo.

There are a couple of people I have trained with who do put short clips up, albeit for very short periods of time. They are genuinely good people who study hard and know far more than I will ever learn in my lifetime.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  11. Taoquan

Taoquan Valued Member

Can't believe I interrupted my playlist for such rubbish. :D

They couldn't of at least made it look a bit more real?

12. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Taoquan, I inadvertantly attended a seminar full of loonies like in the clip. They were deadly (sic) serious about their 'energetic' abilities. It felt very much like a cult.

Fortunately, my skills are soooo low that I couldn't see the magic they were showing me.

So, instead of signing up, I walked home trying not to wet myself laughing. :D

Some of them read this forum and will be furious that we who know nothing about the true taiji are not taking their 'art' seriously. :Alien:

And there are those that say improper practice of IMA cannot induce mental imbalance......bwahahahahahahahaha.

Carys :Angel:

13. Taoquan

Taoquan Valued Member

I honestly have never seen this done (aside from the obvious videos) though I do still believe that we are capable of some "magical things."

The difficult part I find with this is it is very true you have to find "willing opponents" that are susceptible to your brainwashing. Even my teachers have mentioned that while some of this maybe possible, it still comes down to the willpower and "fighting spirit" of the individual for some techs. to work.

I believe it is kind of similar to how Koyo has presented the aspect of "Qi fighting" that it is more akin to a warrior spirit, than being able to knock someone out from a distance. As with any fight willpower tends to be a huge factor and this (in my own exp.) rings true with Qigong and energy theory.

So unfortunately, either by ruse, or by not knowing, these people have been brainwashed. Knowing what I now feel about willpower, makes some of these shows even more disgusting. Still as many of my teachers have said, "In order for it to be effective, shouldn't work on everyone?"

14. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

If you raise your hand to someone in anger, they will often recoil - no magic, but is used all the time - "faking" - used in boxing, MMA, san shou - you name it. That's the only real "empty force." But if you're a clever fighter, you can use it.

15. Taoquan

Taoquan Valued Member

Just so I am clear,
    I think "empty force" does exist, it is just that there is not as many people that actually perform it as there are that claim to do it. imo, just because there are more people that claim to do it and then cannot, does not mean it does not exist. It just means you have not found the person performing it.

Out of the billions of people on the planet, those that claim to be able to do empty force are numerous (though still not a lot, comparatively) so out of all the billions there are, maybe someONE can actually perform it.

Don't really care what others think, and I know it is "magical thinking" but it is fun thinking no?? :D

16. herbert

herbert Valued Member

So you practice both Yang and CMC styles?

Hmmmm.....you'd laugh at the early 90's hair cut i'm sure!
    To be honest I don't practice TJQ much anymore as I don't know any really good teachers in London.
    All i've met seem to be abit too "fluffy" for me.

You are still too young to say that.
    My Xing Yi sifu says that we will reach our prime at about 45 years old, as we still have youthful strength, but a mature mind.

After this we study at a different depth where understanding becomes more important than physical prowess.

I'm sure a young thing like you has a long way to go yet!

17. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

ehhhh ...... no.

The Bear.

18. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Yes. :cool:

I like your term 'fluffy' and know what you mean. Sometimes we have to travel quite far to find the taiji we need.

My first teacher taught me CMC with only martial aspects...no jin, no internal stuff.

My second teacher took me with him on some of his personal journey through from energetic taiji to that plus jins.

I also go to seminars as I learn so much from great 'guest' teachers. Keeps my ego in check as it confirms my place as a beginner.

Strewth, you're good. You roughly know my age from da net! :D

See above!

The more I learn, the more I'm sure that I know very little. I am currently learning so much from teaching other students.

And so my journey continues. :Angel:

And.....

haircut or no...I'd still love to see your clip! :p

Carys :Angel:

19. herbert

herbert Valued Member

Ha! about the age....I was talking about me, not you.
    I thought you were just some young 20 something girlie. ;)

I've only got 5 years to go to reach my prime! gotta work harder every day to get there.

20. herbert

herbert Valued Member

if you want to attend a workshop with a Taijiquan Master, i've been asked to organise one next year in the UK.
    I won't advertise it here as i'm not allowed, but if you take a look at www.taijiquan.co.uk there is some info.

The teacher Wang Simu is amazingly good, and funny too.
    She laughed at my dantien rolling and said i wriggled my bum!