Pipe Smoking

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by JTiedes, Oct 14, 2005.

1. JTiedes

JTiedes Wielder of the Wiffle.

Does anyone else here enjoy the pastime of pipe smoking? its something of a tradition in my family, when the first born son turns 18 he is presented with this wicked old pipe thats been in the family for years. over the summer i took up smoking pipes with my father as a sort of bonding experience. yes i know of the danger of cancer, but i only smoke maybe 3-4 times a month, i bought3 ounces of tobacco in july and have probably and ounce left.

so if anyone else smokes what do u use?
    i have a corncob that i learned of before i could use the family pipe, and just bought a nice church hill ( http://www.premierpipes.com/images/Churchwardens/cw-bt3-s.jpg ) and an estate knickerbocker Rhodesian (http://www.premierpipes.com/images/AsIs/Second/ai-039.jpg ) that is incredibly reminisce of the one my grandfather smoked before his passing ( brain tumor not related to smoking)
    heres a picture kind of like the one thats in the familiy if you combined these two a lil http://www.tabakerka.dk/Smoking-Pipes-Tobacco-Images/antique smoking pipes/antique-pipes-04.jpg
    http://www.pipes.org/discus/messages/23/13624.jpg

2. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

Once upon a time when I smoked I did smoke a pipe as well. I had several briars, a warren, and a mirsham. My mirsham was my favorite.

3. Transcend

Transcend Valued Member

absolutely not...but i remember my grandfather used to have a number of pipes, in which he would smoke on sundays ( in his earlier days)...my father also used to smoke a pipe..convinced him to quite though.

4. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

Its funny to me that a pipe is supposed to signify intelligence, since when is having a controlled fire sticking out of your mouth a GOOD idea?

5. Athleng Nordic

LMAO!

6. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

i pipe smoke everyday... lol

try vaporizing if you want to stay healthy! 99% smoke free (less cancer)

7. Athleng Nordic

Wrong kind of pipe there fella! :D

8. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

lol

wait... i didnt mean it i in a perverted way to clear things up. lol but...

9. JTiedes

lol yea bro, i smoke english virginia and aromatic, not columbian, wacky tabacy, or ganj :p

10. Athleng Nordic

My favorite blend was called Blackbeard's Treasure.

11. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I haven't smoked a pipe since I was fifteen. Always preferred cigarettes.

Now I prefer not to smoke at all. Wish I'd never started! Smoking and MA don't mix. I get out of breath too easily when I'm sparring. :cry:

12. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Pipe tobbacco always smells good. But the sweet smell of perfectly aged tobbacco is hardly worth the risk associated with smoking. There was a recent thread where I posted several studies that conclude even occassional smoking has a detrimental effect on your health.

Besides if you're under 50 and you smoke a pipe you just look like a total fool.

I have inherited several pipes from my father... hand carved by my father - stunning collectors pieces... but that's about it.

Sorry smoking is dumb no matter how you slice it. :D

13. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

hey don't exclude us shirefolk is all i'm saying:(

i love the smell of cherry tobacoo... i wonder if there is a way to have it as an aroma stick hehe and not to smoke personally. i don't like cancer 0.o

14. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

You'd still be passive smoking! :D

15. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

hehe, yeah... then i can sue myself for 2nd hand smoke.

16. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

Well, I've smoked some pipe but not anymore...

17. JTiedes

jroe, just buy a tin of cherry and crack it open every once in a while

18. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

LOL.. I think you'll enjoy this article Jroe..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4338634.stm

Personally, I occasionally smoke a shisha, hooka, bong watever you like to call it, one of those massive middle eastern ones, you can get all sorts of flavours, no tar, awesome taste, makes the house smell nice, and you can take enormous hits because the thing is so pure and smooth.

19. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

You'd love Lebanon then, beautiful women, great food and practically no restaurant or bar or cafe that doesn't have a hooka. :D

20. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

sounds good, I'd move just for the weather, London weather is great.. but I'm a bit bored of it now.. unfortunatelly I still have 3 years on my contract.. :cry: