Phoo action

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Taffyleigh, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

Anybody else seen the new series starting on bbc3 this Tuesday- called phoo action apparently its a martial arts/comedy based in the future with a buddhist kung fu cop and a teenager fighting mutants, starring Jaime Winstone and Eddie Shin and co starring Carl 'apollo creed' weathers.

Sadly its on at 9pm when i'm training, but might reshow it later some time in the week, will have to have a look.

2. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

Anybody seen the adverts for this?, i've only seen it in the newspapers.

3. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Yeah, hasn't Jamie Hewlett had something to do with it? My digibox is playing up at the moment so will have to watch it afterwards!

4. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

Yes i think you are right Lou, it looks a bit of a laugh but my video has packed in, so i can't tape it when i'm training.

5. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

You can watch it on the BBC iplayer if you miss it,that's what I will be doing anyway :D

6. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

I will have to try that, thanks

7. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

It's the only way I can watch most things at the moment :(

Some info:

And I was right,it's based on comic characters by Hewlett.

8. february

february Valued Member

I watched this on the BBC i-player.

In all honesty I turned it off after about 5 minutes. It was weird (not in the good way) and also rubbish. Kind of like the old campy Batman from the 60's but semi-serious? either way I was lost, maybe it just went over my head.

On a side note the BBC website has something about Tommy Carruthers involvement in it, some fight training for the lead actor apparently.

9. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

I also watched it on iplayer last night - not what i was expecting, basically it was a kids programme with a few swear words thrown in - the mutants looked like something out of powerrangers, don't know why they didn't cut out the swearing and put it on at atime suitable for kids, my two would have liked it, i don't think the original batman series was that cheesey!

10. february

february Valued Member

I know what you mean, I watched the intro and thought "what the hell is this?", kinda like a kids programme gone wrong.

11. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Not watched it yet, may not bother. I'll see :)

12. Raven001

Raven001 New Member

It was complete rubbish! And i was hoping that at least maybe the fights would be good but they were rubbish as well. Dont waste your time.

13. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

didn't think much of it either :(

14. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Boooooooooooooo! It's a shame it doesn't appear to be good,it had the promise to be! Was it a one off?

15. Raven001

Raven001 New Member

I have read on some other site that it might have been picked up for a series. If they do they need a new director and fight coordinator and to make the script more mature and less like a kids show to improve it.

16. Dr NinjaBellydance

Dr NinjaBellydance What is your pleasure sir

You're all wrong. I thought it was hilarious!
    :p