Pekiti Tirsia Kali announcement

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Tagapagbalita, Sep 14, 2013.

1. onpoint

onpoint Valued Member

"Mean Girls"

You ever seen "Mean Girls", Pat, this is exactly what all this is--it's a form of bullying:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o12xm3q38TA"]Mean Girls - Meet the Plastics[/ame]

2. shootodog

shootodog restless native

About the GT being coopted...I have spent some time with him and his "circle" to know that it is impossible. Not even for his own blood.

Make what you will of it. It is my opinion.

3. onpoint

onpoint Valued Member

"Make hay while the Sun is still Shining." ~ Saul Goodman

Thanks for that confirmation, shoot. That's why I can't understand the reaction of Tim's students at the very beginning of all this, some 'til now--Gaje signed it in blue ink. I guess denial is really the first stage of acceptance--2. anger, 3. bargaining, 4. depression and 5. acceptance.

It's done, accept it already, here's the nail on the coffin:

[​IMG]

It is done.

So in the spirit of the last "Breaking Bad" episode this Sunday, invoking Saul Goodman, here's my advice:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3RpZXoU7Ew"]Advice From Saul Goodman - YouTube[/ame]

The way I see it, your best bet here is to cut your losses, sever ties completely and go your own way. As much as I'd like this little drama to continue, it's probably best to leave Tuhon Mel and El Supremo to their prose & poetry. Tuhon Tim's got name recognition. If PTK wants to go black, requiring security clearance to train, Tim should go public, be inclusive.

But let me remind you guys that Tim Waid is not without criticism. Of 12 other PTK Tuhons, Tuhon Tim was the one most similar to GT Gaje in tone, style, attitude and creating bad relations with other martial arts styles and organizations by directly insulting members of those communities while representing his views as those of the Pekiti Tirsia Kali community--again, ironic, since Tim was just parroting GT Gaje, following his lead.

So if there is to be some sort of public announcement from Tim Waid, he has to include an apology and for penance discredit GT Gaje's insults and other bs.

Base on GT Gaje's pattern, he'll further humiliate Tim by stating he'd never completed the full curriculum, that there were secret stuff he kept away from him. The best way to counter this is to be the ultimate Filipino blade master out there, which means get a hold of other Filipino blade systems, consolidate and let that be Tim Waid's claim to fame, his legacy.

This also will give Tim the opportunity to offer a counter narrative to Gaje's absolutes. I assure you guys, there are better systems out there, PTK is not the pinnacle. You guys already have a guy in the Sacramento delta area and Tim has a strong following in the SF area.

Have Tim pay his penance for toting Gaje's bs, re-brand as a consolidator of the last blade traditions, mellow out some, focus on California & Hawaii.

And to **** off Gaje more, rename Tim's new school Pekiti Tirsia Eskrima. I don't know if the Boracay trip is still on for November, if not let your coming out party happen in San Fran, invite everyone, leave all your high speed/low drag gear at home--people will go just to **** off Gaje.

I don't know how the DVD sales are going, I know extremists in Egypt are watching 'em, but Tim might want to make another mark via a self-published book, not only does Tim have a cool life story, he's research and passion in the FMAs were apparent in that recent FMALive interview.

Lastly, if Tim really needs help with his wife's medical costs, put it out there, open one of those crowd source funding accounts, let the FMA community lend a helping hand, the FMA is a very close knit community, I've seen people come out of the wood works to pay for medical costs for FMA folks in the Philippines--also look into the Obamacare open enrollment next month.

You can coincide all this with some sort of national tour.

"Make hay while the Sun is still Shining." ~ Saul Goodman

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  4. onpoint

onpoint Valued Member

Juxtaposed

A letter written by a real man of character (integrity & respect):

I've removed the letter because it violates MAP's rules on profanity

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2013
  5. Citom

Citom Witless Wonder

And patis... there's got to be patis.. either that or bagoong balayan (ginamos) but salty stuff is not good for my blood pressure (sigh)

6. onpoint

onpoint Valued Member

Juxtaposed 1.1

Sorry, ap. Here's a sanitized version:

[​IMG]

7. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

"In order to protect the growth and harmony of ptk tribe we strictly believe that he or she who shall come to destroy shall himself be destroyed."

Cracked me up. I recognized that line immediately from the 1951 film "The Golden Horde".

"He who comes to destroy Samarkand shall himself be destroyed."

People and/or orgs should write their own material-preferably something a bit less....theatric?

8. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Don't be so proud of this technological terror that is the internet, the ability to publicly disparage a man is insignificant next to the power of "the blade".

:yeleyes:

:D

9. onpoint

onpoint Valued Member

"the FEW, the PROUD, the Leaders?..."

Oh, man, I thought that was a rip from the Bible, it's even more humorous now that it's from a 50s movie. If you think that's theatric, you should check out Gaje's other online blatherings, theatric is an understatement.

10. onpoint

onpoint Valued Member

Probably the most lucid, most intelligent, epiphany to have come from this fiasco:

[​IMG]

11. onpoint

onpoint Valued Member

"We don't eat our vomit back."

From Tuhon Mel Tortal's public fb post:

FOR PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE:

I am tired already reading some comments that they can not accept Tim Waid's expulsion from Pekiti-Tirsia Kali. Comments such as they also say that mine and GT Gaje's signature were fake. I speak to all people who want the truth and fact about why was Tim Waid expelled?

Mark this word: A small mistake can become big if continued doing repeatedly.

Tim for sure would say that he is loyal to GT but we don't accept a double faced type of personality which is against the rules of the PTK philosophy and the Filipino traditions. The personality that he shows to his students is different with the personality that he shows to other PTK senior instructors. I am a Filipino I know where I stand, I speak out in behalf of many other instructors disrespected by Tim.

I know Tim's character from head to foot, since he was my training partner for several years back to the 90's. I made this statement because his supporters claim that the decision was unfair but of course I understand them. They are emotional after the announcement was released to the public. I myself felt sad because he is my friend and like my big brother. Details behind this decision were not supposed to be open for the public to know in order to protect Tim's privacy but it's no longer right to see his student's non-stop arguments online to other PTK instructors and members. Respect and unity is affected and divided. I cannot tolerate this kind of manners-fighting between students. I am speaking now as a Leader in behalf of the PTK Organization and PTK senior instructors to protect good personality and humility.

Damage has been done. We don't eat our vomit back.

The decision was already made and released. Everybody must respect and trust that. As much as possible we still protect each other. If people would still insist this matter I would not have a choice but to expose all the grounds.

When you see one rotten tomatoe in a big basket of tomatoes, what will you do? You must remove it otherwise it will destroy the whole bunch.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  12. onpoint

onpoint Valued Member

Bluffing with his Muffin

If I was a student of Tuhon Tim Waid, I'd call this bluff big time. Press on SMF'ers, press on. Let them eat their vomit. Go Team Waid!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  13. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

He speaks for all the people who wants the truth 'Yet' tells us absolutely nothing and asks us to trust him and the respect and unity is affected. Really? Dam haven't the seniors of PTK been affecting the respect and unity of FMA for years by insinuating that them and only them are the true pure authentic blah blah blah and everyone else is somehow a lesser sold out version? or did I miss something?

We are listening yet we hear nothing being said.

14. onpoint

onpoint Valued Member

"Nature seems dead, and wicked dreams abuse"

It is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
    Signifying nothing.

— Macbeth (Act 5, Scene 5)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nre482NEosQ"]Tim Waid as Banquo[/ame]

15. onpoint

onpoint Valued Member

not "the Filipino Way" of doing things

Exactly, Pat, it's their own hyperbole and propaganda getting the best of them. Gaje has been doing it for so long, when Tim does it, all of the sudden it's considered discord--Tim should be given an award for being the most like Gaje.

The irony of this last pronouncement or plea, is that they open up with a less than admirable (read shameful) letter slandering Tim Waid, then somehow request that people stop criticizing their inappropriate approach to what could've been a very private affair.

Looks to me that this wasn't the public or even internal response they were expecting. ;)

Maybe they should've read Filipe "Bot" Jocano Jr.'s "the Filipino Way".:love:

16. onpoint

onpoint Valued Member

Ferd 4 President

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This was the type of dissent I expected since day 1 of all this, but never really showed.

Even this rebuttle to Tuhon Mel's plea for peace Fri. night, still gives GT Gaje the benefit of the doubt--again, like the Supremo himself was somehow coopted by Tuhon Mel and Tuhon Leslie.

I think Tuhon Tim's silence in all this makes him look more presidential & above the fray.

I have a lot of respect for this Ferd fellow now, knowing this all will get him excommunicated by the Supremo himself, his persistence and loyalty to Tim is admirable.

Ferd's a keeper, Tim, not a sleeper, I hope you keep him as your high ranking field colonels when you assume your general rank in your new organization.

So, far only Tuhon Tim looks good in all this drama, only Tim has taken the high road.

[​IMG]

17. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

There are times when silence is more powerful than speaking.

18. nasigoreng

nasigoreng Valued Member

in his online interview, Mr. Waid said that only Tom Bisio and himself received the entire Doce Methodos curriculum. I don't find that credible since Bill McGrath was promoted to Tuhon in the mid 90's. Mr. Waid said that the "TRI-V formula" curriculum merely teaches striking and footwork, and not application (which is his forte)-- i.e. insinuating that it is incomplete and you are not getting the "genuine article" unless you are learning PTK under the umbrella of Mr. Waid. it sounds to me like he's telling people not to go to seminars with thn Rommel-- who appears to be GT's heir apparent. In short, it seems like Tim Waid is attempting to pull rank. (His military bonafides and his training program) on Thn Rommel, so I understand the GT/Thn Rommel reaction. Eagerly waiting for Act III.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  19. shootodog

shootodog restless native

The plot thickens. Maybe this is how they come up with new stuff.

20. onpoint

onpoint Valued Member

They should've gone the Death Match way

The plot does indeed thicken, shoot.

Seems to me if the whole issue was just about who got the secret ingredient ala Kung-fu Panda,

for a group that loves challenges, Tuhons Mel & Tim Waid could've easily determined who the recipient of this secret stuff was...

simple, quick and would've made for an even more entertaining youtube video,

go toe to toe. It's not too late, get Tuhon Mel and Tim Waid let's see some Doce Methodos live action. :hammer:

(but at the end of the day, we all know it was only Mumbakki that answered challenge matches. Northerners are crazy. Ilongos, not so much, but that's another topic.;))