Pathwalker Guild

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Saturnine138, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Um, not true.

LilBunnyRabbit never PM'd me about that after my invitation. Which is fine, I would not want him to feel pressured about it, but please don't accuse me of "not letting" him train with me.

2. David Harrison

You have already shown yourself unable to read bodies from a still image. I feel I can safely infer that this means you cannot read bodies in general. The ability to discern much of what a person can do physically from limited information such as gait and musculature is fundamental, IMO, of intermediate-to-higher levels of MAs.

If you can say that what I do is useless without any evidence, then presumably I can say you have been cheated of decent training for 20 years of your life because you have displayed it publicly? Is that fair?

3. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Damn! I used to work for a company down in Bristol and had to stay in a hotel for weeks on end with nowt to do.

Would have come down.

If ever I am down there I will drop a line.

Unfortunately is many hours drive from me.

4. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

You told him on the forum that you didn't want him in your class.
    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45542&page=38

So again let me ask you directly, can LilBunny or any other MAP member come down and train with you and your students?

5. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Which pictures?

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I disagree. One thing that my training has shown me is that martial skill and fighting ability don't always go hand in hand with what you can discern from gait or musculature (especially musculature).
    Knew a guy once that I didn't rate superfially. Then proceeded to knee-on-belly me into the mat for 10 minutes.
    Another guy that looked literally like superman but just couldn't put any of that physique into a technique.

Maybe I need some Marbo training? :)

7. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

I rarely state this; however I am confident my martial art abilities far surpass yours.

The main reason is because you David have been training for 12 years in a made up martial art.

You are not fooling anyone here about your physical ability or your knowledge of martial arts. I think you are the one in for a rude awakening once you learn the truth behind your training.

My prediction is that you would never allow MAP members to view your training because it would shatter the illusion.

8. David Harrison

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1074663028&postcount=595

I never received a PM. That was were it was left. I apologised and played nice.

I am open for people to come to Bristol and have a free taster session. I am happy to talk about where the training goes from there. I am happy for people to test my ability, if they wish.

I should point out, that as well as PM'ing me, if an email is sent to the member's secretary address on the http://www.marboschool.co.uk/ site asking for me to get in contact with someone about training, I will do so.

Seeing as the MAP event is no longer an option for me, I don't see how I could say fairer than that.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  9. David Harrison

See my above post.

Again, speaking with such authority about something you have no experience of, well it's just dumb.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  10. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

As I said earlier, you are more than welcome to attend the MAP meet.

11. David Harrison

You seem to be just looking at musculature, and not in a knowledgeable way.

The combination will tell you much more.

Big muscles do not necessarily make a good fighter.

If you teach, you will learn twice, as you spend hours every week continually spotting weakness, and discerning where that weakness comes from.

12. David Harrison

?

I thought you said "forget it"?

13. David Harrison

If you're really interested, perhaps we could find somewhere to meet halfway. PM me.

14. David Harrison

It was one photo of some dodgy staff-work on the unofficial site that you linked to in your previous post, the one that said about "european body-type" or somesuch.

15. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Indeed. I'd go so far as saying that musculature has virtually nothing to with being a good fighter.
    It can certainly help but you get good fighters of all sorts builds.
    Well of course. I've never done marbo so how could I?

16. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

PAS you know nothing! :D

He has been training for 12 years in a made up martial art.

He knows what he is talking about.

17. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

Well you have no problem speaking about martial arts :eek:

18. David Harrison

I would never dismiss out-of-hand anybody's training.

But when they display, by their words, a huge lack of understanding, what else am I to think?

I'm sure there are plenty of knowledgeable practictioners who will read this and understand what I am saying, and how you have both shown your limitations.

It is not supposed to be an insult, which seems to be the only way you can defend yourselves, but a simple statement of fact, that anyone with the technical knowledge to do so would agree with.

If you have a technical point to make, make it. Don't waste everybody's time with childish point-scoring.

19. David Harrison

Correct. I do not.

While I won't give directions as to specific techniques and training methods, I have shown myself in this thread to be happy to talk in technical terms about those techniques and training methods, and others.

Which is far more than you have done.

Why don't you demonstrate your openess and have a discussion about technique, if that is what you want?

20. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

I've not been posting on here much recently, but aren't all martial arts made up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.