Panjo Street Self Defense

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by IMC_BMOC, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Oldi

Oldi Valued Member

Is THIS seriously the same guy? I'm all for not judging a book by its cover, but there's a limit.

And while we're on the subject, I'd really rather he didn't make my mind wet nor do I particularly want him to penetrate it.

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Apparently Emo fashion features heavily in his approach.......

I may join up - I couldn't pull in a brothel with a $100 bill wrapped around my chopper

3. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Especially if he's been biting people, you'll probably get hep C

4. Alex MH

Alex MH Valued Member

What is the history of Panjo? Does it trace back to old times?

I have always wondered why ancient middle eastern cultures such as Persia/Iran never came up with a popular form of martial art...

5. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I guess when he took the vows of a "fighting monk" at age 21 he missed the celibacy part.

6. Wildlings

Wildlings Baguette Jouster

Guys, I'm creating my own style of Italian martial arts. I'll call it Ultimate Spaghetti Combat!

7. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Yeah, but when your buddies told you to do that, they didn't mean your khukri!

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Dammit!!!

9. mattt

mattt Valued Member

Golly! If I had a buck for every time someone decided to make up their iwn martial art and a donate button in my sig Id be rich enough to open up my own school.

10. callsignfuzzy

callsignfuzzy Is not a number!

Well, your history's wrong, for starters, saying that it predates MMA. Shooto dates back to the 1980's, with Pancrase and the UFC both dating to 1993. So MMA predates this by at least 5 years.

To parrot what everyone else has said here, there are no magical techniques that work for all people in all situations. As well, plenty of other martial arts were designed for "pure self defense" for years (decades, arguably centuries) before your instructor came along.

I'm not saying he's unskilled or a bad teacher. I haven't even bothered to look at the videos. What I can say is that your claims are inaccurate and poorly-informed. Since I haven't made it all the way through the entire thread, I can't tell if this is your first martial art, but I suspect it is. At least the first one you've put significant time in.

With respect, I suggest you put a little time into seeing what other martial arts are out there before trying to pass something off as unique.

One of the reasons nobody else here has founded their own style is because plenty of really good style exist already. An overly-redundant amount, to be honest.

11. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Did somebody call?

Attached Files:

12. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Second account not shown up yet?

How dull. :(