Pacman KOs Morales

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by TheMachine, Jan 22, 2006.

1. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

What a great fight. Awesome handspeed and conditioning display by Manny. I can't wait for the rematch with Barrera

2. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

yeh i just caught the end on the box. Looked like the body shots killed him. He looked like he had nothing by the end, but hes taken alot of punishment over the years and it showed.

Kinda sad to see Morales stopped.

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Hmmm... wonder if *SPOILER* should have been in the thread title here... :confused:

Yeah he broke Morales' nose! KA-BANG!
    The word on the street was that Morales was favored to win... but some of that changed after he lost his fight just before the Pacquiao fight. I always thought Morales as a more powerful puncher than Pacquiao... and I'm a huge Pacquiao fan!

It's good to see the Pacman get back on top! I bet the Philippines went absolutely nuts with the news! I got a phone call from there and literally everyone in the barangay (neighborhood) was around the TV or the radio!
    I bet this was a great excuse for a celebration for the Philippines... given their economy they haven't got much else to celebrate at the moment.

CONGRATS PAC MAN!!!! :D :D

condolences Morales. :cry:

4. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

Wow he did it. I favored Morales to win after the first fight. Ah well.

5. slipthejab

That nose has gotta hurt more today than it did yesterday! :eek:

Attached Files:

• r.jpg
      r.jpg
      File size:
      46.9 KB
      Views:
  6. slipthejab

look at the reverberation of the shockwave through his face!!!:eek:

Attached Files:

7. shoto-kali

shoto-kali The Chosen One

8. shootodog

shootodog restless native

it was a great fight. morales is a great fighter. he just looked really tired by the 9th. the pacman is a well conditioned monster!

9. hux

hux ya, whatever.

10. aml01_ph

aml01_ph Urrgggh...

You're right about that. Its been two weeks and the hype still hasn't died down. I think its largely because the administration is REALLY encouraging it.

I really enjoyed this fight. The education he got from Morales in their first fight stuck to Pacquiao evidently. He gets in and jabs better (heck he even jabs with his left hand in the southpaw. I don't thick those punches can properly be called crosses). And his arms are still made of stone.

His camp even straightened out a bad habit of his ( he waves his arms when he gets a body punch showing that he isn't hurt).

I think the reason Pacquiao lost in the first match was because they weren't prepared. Although I think Pacquiao is the stronger puncher, Morales was then the more skillfull one (plus that deal with his gloves, his promoter etc.)