Owwwwwww

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Yatezy, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Yatezy

Yatezy One bad mamba jamba

Sparring tonight, only just getting back into after the Christmas **** u..... er period :D

Second sparring session of the year and my first for months! Thought id see if my 'new' skills id picked up in Thailand we're to be of good use (not the ability to drink a bucket in under 10 minutes either ;)), first few spars go well. Kicks feeling a lot quicker and trying a few tricks out which seemed to be going well.

Next round was with Andy, who is a bit of a banger, so i thought i go pound for pound with him. We hit a good few solid body shots each. I can see his left leg just asking to be kicked! So swing my right in, one were you know its gonna make that loud slap noise, a real stinger :). Just about to make contact and he lifts his leg to block. My leg hits his knee and it feels like my whole has just bent around his knee! The pain!!!

Needless to say it half ruined the session as my right leg was next to useless and im now sat here with a bag of peas tied upto my leg to help :cry:

Strangely, the shin feels ok its the surrounding muscle that has really taken it :confused:

Anyway, no real purpose to this thread which is why its in off topic, just wanted to share my pain with you all and see if any of you have picked up some early injuries in the new year :)

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

My son got stopped in a fight doing that. The ref wouldn't allow him to continue. Hurts doesn't it?

3. Yatezy

Yatezy One bad mamba jamba

Aye man, hurts like hell. Seems to be a constant problem with my right shin but then again i probably should start setting my kicks up with punches :p

4. GSHAMBROOKE

GSHAMBROOKE Thats Tarm Sarm

BSCLF

Pain is good, pain is your friend, learn to love pain, anyway thats what it use to be like now it just hurts.

5. madknight

madknight Valued Member

I haven't been back since before Christmas but just before I finished up I managed to do a back leg round kick into my instructors elbow. Normally it wouldn't have been too bad but this time my shin guard had shifted to the side a bit over the course of sparring and it REALLY hurt. I couldn't do much with that leg for a while lol.

6. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Yeah I came back last monday and did jits. Was working side control and dude picked his face up at the same time as I put mine down and I smacked my nose into his face and it started bleeding profusely.

Then I did some MMA sparring with one of the whippersnappers at the gym (18 years old and full of whatever it is 18 year olds are full of). I thought we were going kinda light - we punch and kick a bit - I close the distance, and hit him with a sweet osoto gari. I've got him on the ground and I'm throwing some light shots, I move around, hit him some more. He gets a sweep and gets to kesa katame and proceeds to smash my face in twice. I started bleeding again and had to stop. Now I've got a sore nose.

7. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

ouch! them young whippersnappers!

8. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Well, last monday someone managed to make my navel bleed by throwing a roundhouse kick and lodging their second toe in there - through 14oz canvas...

9. Yohan

Hey man, you know how it is. The only difference is that this one is good, and he's mean.

10. Yohan

Now that's just gross.

11. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Gross and sore. Get it right.

And when the kid beat you up, did you cry? I've heard crying gets you out of all sorts of things. Seriously. Cry.

12. Yohan

Now you are just winding me up. Don't make me put the saddle and the bridle back on you and take another llama ride through the landfill!