only wushu in mainland China ???

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Mengcunman, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Mengcunman

Mengcunman Valued Member

Hey,

I just want to respond to a previous thread where someone said that you would have to go to Hong Kong to find some serious CMA.

I would like to reply to this that this statement is not completely true.

there are exelent teachers in mainland China ... but I agree... you will not find them in academies but you can find around.

Do some homework, inform yourself with your teacher or other practisioners...

I had the luck to study under a great teacher in Hebei province. I slept at his home, trained in his backyard and got my ass kicked by his former students :)

just like it should be .... This was to study Baji, but I also know that there are exellent Hsing Yi teachers, Liu He Quan, Pigua and even Mizong teachers. You just have to look a little futher than internet !

I hope not to have offended anybody, but there is more to see i China then Hong Kong.

2. Lafhastum

Lafhastum New Member

I was in China and there is tons of traditional kung fu teachers. I think traditional was banned for a while but is now slowly reemerging. I know that i saw alot of Tai Chi, Hung Gar and Choy Li Fut schools while there.

3. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

Hey, I got a similar opportunity to study with/live with a teacher in Beijing. Probably the coolest thing I've ever done....