Ong Bak to become a Drunken Master

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Matt_Bernius, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

Great googely moogely!

I just read a rumor on a pretty reliable site that Tony Jaa, star of Ong Bak, may be working with Jackie Chan on a new Drunken Master movie where Jackie takes over the role of the teacher and Jaa the student.

Ok if, if, this is true... how frickin' cool? Chan passing a torch to someone who is his physical equivilant. However, I just can't see Jaa being able to hold up in the humor department.

Anyway, read about it here: http://chud.com/news/990

- Matt

2. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

That ROCKS!

Tony Ja is a suberb MAist and has the ability to pull off badass stunts....him and Jackie Chan in a film...now that is potentially the best MA film in ages! :)

3. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Now all they need is to break that language barrier. :D
    Maybe Jaa would be dubbed and would be told when to nod his head.

I really hope this goes ahead, very interesting to see what happens...so many movie have premise and never gets made.

4. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

very true mate....we need to se a return to the old school KF movies where actors had actual talent rather than flying around on wires! lol! :p

5. wcrevdonner

wcrevdonner Valued Member

How Blooming cool is that!!??!!

Tony Jaa is amazing...if that ever gets released over here widescreen in England...Man...the thai halls will be full of new students.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2005
  6. Smee

Smee Evil kung fu genius

I Reallly Hope That Happens!!!!

7. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

Hey man, people were flying around on wires waaay before actors had any talent. Just check out any of the old-school 50's or 60's wuxia films. :woo:

8. kungfufighter

kungfufighter Banned Banned

eh, Tony is too.....he's not like Jackie, i meanhe can pull off those stunt but I don't think anyone can be the drunken master like Jackie, Jet Li sucked at it, and all those others. Plus Jaa's too....dark, I'm not even sure he can speak Chinese or english.

9. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Hey as I said....most likely will be dubbed over, or they'll write the script around it somehow.
    Too dark? For a Chinese i assume, well look at Simon Yam (Yam Tat-Wah), he's in Thailand so much he's now got near dark brown skin.

We'll see how Tony Jaa does, he could be just a One Hit Wonder because of Ong Bak, so see how he does then.