ONE UNIFIED ITF TAEKWON-DO

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Benny the Jet, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Razgriz

Razgriz Valued Member

I am a pro-ponet of organisations , but not 100 organisations.

I respect the setup of the TAGB, they are clearly distinct from ITF but can still interact with the ITF, and see to play a role as a founding member within the BTC.

But what use or more and more independents, who just don't like the way things are run at the top?
    This is by no means a dig at anybody. Just my personal view.
    And I am talking mainly within UK TKD, as thats were my experience is, I do sometimes think that with the passing of the founder and as time goes on how diluted will TKD become?

With the ever more present, “I teach the real TKD”, hopefully the “This is TKD” by Grand Master Rhee should provide some concentrate for ITF.

Anyway just my ramblings

Raz

2. Asterix187

Asterix187 Valued Member

There was a one ITF under FGMR only for his first years when he originally moved to the UK. The split started a long time ago with only the UKTA being under FGMR.

3. TKDstudent

TKDstudent Valued Member

Yes & in the early days there was 1 KTA in 1959. But people dropped out almost right after the inception in Sept. of 59. Then when Gen. Choi had them regroup under the TKD name in 1965 (Aug), dropping the TAESOODO name, people refused to sign on or dropped out again. The same can be said for the ITF when it was formed in 1966 & then the WTF when it was formed in 1973. It is hard to follow a group, org or person, as it requires by the very nature to conform to some extent.